𝙍𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙚

The man slumped against the wall, choking back an icy shiver of fear. Salty tears rolled down from his eyes, landing on the fresh, thin cut that stretched across his cold, wrinkled cheek. His breathing quickened as the huge creature began to move closer.

It licked long, snake-like tongue, which slowly dripped purple blood. Its beastly disposition, its predatory gaze and bloodlust were all directed at the trapped man. Heavy footsteps began to approach the victim, claws scraping across the floor at a funeral pace. Finally, when the creature was close to its victim, it opened its terrifying maw, equipped with a hundred needle-like teeth, preparing to swallow the man's head and finish him off at once. But it was only a false assumption of the man himself — it was going to kill the victim long, painfully tearing out pieces of flesh from the body sharp as blades claws, and then alive devouring and gutting him....

A huge, broad muzzle swept toward the human arm, the monster decided to start with it. Strong jaws began to chew the arm to the man's shrieks of fierce pain, teeth grinding the limb like a meat grinder. Already warm, dark blood gushed from the mangled piece of flesh — what was left of the arm — and washed over the creature's face. Slowly, it rubbed its muzzle against the man's heaving chest, and in a flash it dug down, almost into his belly, it began to tear away his skin and flesh with bloodthirsty viciousness to the man's screams and wheezes, who was unable to stop the torture. The night guard was choking on his own blood as the creature dug its muzzle into his exposed internal organs and ripped them out, snarling greedily like a hyena eating carrion. After six minutes, the man stopped breathing and giving any signs of life, but the creature continued to gut him, tangling in his intestines like long bloody worms....

     It was the end for one, but only the beginning for many...

                         Especially for you, Oswald

A playful warm ray of sunlight entered the room through the open window and illuminated everything around. With light, a light playful breeze entered the room. Heard the jerky rustling of leaves, the conversation of people walking along the street next to the house, and the quiet gentle purring of a cat.

Oswald opened his eyes and winced slightly at the blinding light that hit his eyes sharply. When he blinked and got used to it, the boy saw a black cat sitting on the edge of his bed.

Shades of golden light fell on the animal's fur and dyed it in different warm colors, as if the artist was painting with bright colors on canvas.

"Good morning, Jinx,"  Oswald said to the cat. The boy knew that although she was an animal, she understood him perfectly. He sat up on the bed and yawned widely, trying to chase away the remnants of deep sleep.

The cat only blinked approvingly and jumped down to the floor, walked gracefully to the door that served as the exit from the room, and then meowed, as if ordering Oswald to get out of bed as soon as possible and follow her.The boy looked down a little, but then he got out of bed, with a little laziness and a desire to lie on the bed for a couple more minutes. Jinx didn't wait for him and slipped through the slightly ajar door, finally wagging her fluffy tail.

Oswald sighed languidly, and went to his small dark closet with clothes. He opened it and took out that, which he wore almost every day, because his choice of clothes was not as wide as the other guys. Oswald quickly changed into his favorite white T-shirt with soft blue stripes and worn navy blue pants. His parents still didn't have the money to buy him nice new clothes. But Oswald hoped for the best, because the city began to gradually recover, people began to come here, new houses and shops began to be built, and the factory was going to open soon. That's when they will heal well, as before. Oswald will no longer have to listen to ridicule from his classmates, he will be able to eat ice cream every day, he will no longer review films that have been in his house for several years a hundred times.