11⋆ I'D ALWAYS RUN

FAMILY TREE - ETHEL CAIN

"I'm just a child but I'm not above violence
My mama raised me better than that
When the preacher talks, that man demands his silence
And daddy said, "Shoot first, then run and don't look back"

"I'm just a child but I'm not above violenceMy mama raised me better than thatWhen the preacher talks, that man demands his silenceAnd daddy said, "Shoot first, then run and don't look back"

HARRY'S PAST POV
3/JUNE/2020

La Push Beach.

One of my favorite places to be alone while I drink my thoughts away for a moment. Well, I'm not drinking right now, it's only three in the morning.

I just like to watch the sunrise while I sit on the tiny pebbles-like sand while smoking a cigarette in the dark. There was only the moonlight and the little orange light from the burning cigarette between my fingers and lips.

I think the Angels above are telling me not to smoke, even though I started doing this last month and I can't seem to find proper way to make myself feel better.

Eventually, I pushed myself to not finish off this cigarette, so I tossed it away in the wet sand.

Fuck, that's not good for the environment...

Fuck me.

Before I'd get a chance to stand up and pick it up, my phone vibrated in my hand so I quickly looked at it. It was a text from Addison. She's asking me where am and she's wondering if I'm still with "the girl" Devlin Heart right now.

I tap my fingers on the keyboard of my cracked phone screen, sending a message to let her know that I had been gone after I dropped her off at home. Addison then immediately responded saying that I need to go home and not be out so "damn" late.

I finally stood up, picking up the cigarette to search for a trash can that's probably near the parking lot. I tossed it in there and now a part of me is happy that I did so.

I take out my car keys and hopped in my vehicle to go straight home while it was still dark and too bad I couldn't watch the sunrise this time.

Actually... why is she awake right now?

Addison isn't a strict foster mother, but I'd still sneak out with the boys or just by myself at night or around midnight. They said that strict parents raises sneaky kids.

My mother wasn't strict either. She'd know that I liked walking outside near the house we used to live in and my sister would always be in the living room and eventually walk in the kitchen all the time to eat up all the snacks while I was the one who'd take all the ice cream from the fridge. Mother didn't mind at all... me and my sister were just kids.