Chapter 8 - Never Leave

Bailey's POV
The Stagecoach festival is a week after our concert in Oxford. I'm so excited to have this one on one time with Harper. And it's in California, no less.

I pick up Harper from her apartment complex and drive us to the airport two days before Stagecoach so we can spend some time together in Cali before the festival.

When the festival does start, I don't have to sing until the second day of the festival so Harper and I just walk around the festival for the first day.

I even stop by the Hey Dude stand to promote their brand. I love Hey Dudes so I figured I'd stop by there and sign some autographs for fans.

Harper's POV
Spending time with Bailey in California was a lot of fun, but I unfortunately had to deal with the press one of the days we were there.

Being Morgan Wallen's little sister and his agent isn't always as fun as you think.

"Miss Wallen, is it true that your brother was too drunk to sing at his concert in Oxford?" One of the reporters asks. I shake my head.

"No. That was just some lie that a security guard cooked up to get attention. My brother lost his voice. That's all,"

"And what are you doing to bring back his voice?"

"He's taking a period of vocal rest. He should be better soon, I'm sure." I say. Another reporter shoves a microphone in my face.

"Is it true that you and Bailey Zimmerman are dating?"

I look over at Bailey who is talking to a little kid at the Hey Dude stand. He signs something for the kid and gives it to him. I smile at Bailey before looking back at the reporters.

"Yes. It's true. Bailey and I are dating,"

The reporters all write that down quickly, all shocked at my response.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to take a break from work for today so good bye." I say, walking away from the reporters.

I stand next to Bailey and Bailey smiles at me.

"Hey. What's up?"

"The reporters were asking me about my brother. Oh, and they asked me if we were dating. I told them yes," I say.

"Okay. Oh boy. Here they come. Man, I hate talking to reporters." Bailey mutters. I shrug.

"Might as well get it over with, right?"

"Yeah. Probably," Bailey says. He gives the reporters his best fake smile when they address him.

"Bailey, now that you're dating the lovely Harper Wallen, are you gonna stop writing heartbreak songs?" A reporter asks. Bailey laughs.

"Well, even though I do plan to write more love songs in the future, I still want to write heartbreak ones too because everyone loves a good breakup songs. Oh and, by the way, I'm gonna be releasing my new album, Religiously, in a few weeks just so all my fans out there know."

"Thank you for your time, Bailey." One of the reporters says. Bailey nods.

"Of course,"

Bailey puts his arm around my waist and kisses me on the forehead.

I wouldn't trade our love for the world, that's for darn sure.

*

A few days after we get back from California, my brother is finally done with his ten day vocal rest which means we're off to Tampa Bay, Florida for a couple of days.

We start off great, but after the second concert, my brother is having throat pain again.

After the concert, I get a text from Memphis, telling me to come over to her and Morgan's tour bus. When I enter the bus, Morgan and Memphis are sitting on the couch together.