Family Dinner

Family dinner

It's Rina's birthday and the Warden is planning a surprise dinner with Javi and Izzy. The morning of, Javi and Izzy are hiding their presents to their mother in their dad's truck so they can give them to her during the dinner. When they finish, their communicator rings. They check if anyone is around and they answer. Solon tells them that Lord Zedd is causing chaos in the woods. They quickly teleport to the scene, leaving the truck unlocked.

The rangers meet up and morph together just as Lord Zedd begins to attack them. All of them managed to dodge but they are finding Lord Zedd hard to defeat. No matter how hard they attack, it doesn't seem to have an effect. As the rangers rally together, Lord Zedd laughs.

"You know you are no match for me, rangers. I haven't showed you some of my more powerful moves."

Javi shields the rangers as he throws a few powerful blasts. Izzy charges at him and attempts to attack him. He hits her and throws her into a nearby tree. She quickly gets up again, even though he hurt side.

"Foolish girl. You'll be the first to face my wrath"

He charges his staff and is about to attack Izzy as she's standing by herself.

"No!" Javi yells to Zedd and he rushes in front of his sister.

He hits both of them with an even more powerful blast, knocking them both into the trees behind them. Both of them demorph and fall unconscious. The other rangers rush next to them.

"We have to retreat!" Ollie says.

The others nod and they all teleport back to base. Solon sees the rangers teleport in and without hesitation, sets up the med bay for Javi and Izzy to heal. Zayto lays Izzy down on a bed whilst Ollie lays down Javi in the bed right next to his sister's. Solon starts working round the clock to help them as she can.

Soon, the sun sets and it's time for the surprise dinner. The warden and Rina wait for them outside. Rina takes out her phone and dials Izzy but she gets no response.

"I'll try Javi" says the Warden as he pulls out his phone. He dials his son but just like Izzy there's no response.

"What about Fern? Maybe she heard from them" says Rina.

"Good idea" says her husband.

Rina quickly finds Fern's number and dials her. Unlike their children, Fern responds quickly.

"Hello?" Answers Fern

"Hi, Fern. It's Rina. Have you seen Izzy or Javi?" She asks, straight up to the point.

"No. I haven't seen Izzy all day. She texted me this morning but I haven't heard from her since. Why?" Fern asks, getting worried about her girlfriend.

"We were supposed to go out together tonight for my birthday but they haven't turned up. We tried calling but neither of them are answering. I'm getting worried" says Rina in a worried tone.

"Oh. Uh. I'll check it out." Fern says before hanging up. She knew she couldn't tell them about their children being rangers so she calls Amelia.

"Hey, Fern" Amelia answers, trying not to sound worried.

"Hey. Are Izzy and Javi alright? They were supposed to meet their parents for dinner" asks Fern.

Amelia sighs. "We got attacked by Zedd. They got hit pretty badly. I'll come for you so you can see them." She says before hanging up.

Amelia quickly teleports to Fern's location and brings her down to the base. Fern sees her girlfriend lying unconscious and walks up to her. Her eyes start to tear up. She stops next to Izzy and she grabs her girlfriend's hand.