Page 1

SMK Sultan Abdul Samad

'I'm tired. Should I buy a sandwich or salad at Subway after this?' she monologued whilst her hand still wiping the chair with a wet tissue. 

 "Miss, the school session will end in 10 minutes." said a boy. She looked at him cluelessly before exchanging a smile with him. 

"Okay, thank you." she stood up from her chair and walk to the front of her class. 

"Alright, everyone, please make sure that the class is clean before tomorrow's occasion yea. A few reminders before all of you pack your things up, firstly, please behave as tomorrow there'll be parents coming in to sign your report card. Secondly, you may go home early with your parents. Third and most importantly, your parents may come to sign your report card after 10 and the session will end at 2. I hope all of you are clear with the reminders. Does any of you have any questions?" she asked looking at her students in the class. 

"I do miss." said a boy while raising his hand. 

"Yes, Haziq?" 

"What if my cousin- like adult cousin came instead of my parents? Is that acceptable, miss?" he asked. 

"Yes, it is acceptable. As long as it is your guardian, they are allowed to sign your report card." she answered. The students all nodded their head while looking at each other. 

"Anymore questions?" she asked. This time, every students shake their head. "I guess all of you are clear with the reminders, you may pack your things up and we'll see each other tomorrow." 

"Thank you and may god bless you, miss" the students remark in unison after the class representative say the greetings. 

Verando Residence

"Mama, can you please come instead of abang ngah? I don't want him to look at my report card! It's embarrassing!" 

"No, honey. Mama couldn't go to your school tomorrow so does your abah, both of us have to go to Pangkor for a week because of the new hotel opening event. Sorry Haziq, mama will come to sign your report card next year, okay?" 

"What's wrong with me signing your report card? Did you do badly in your examination?" Asked the person so-called 'Abang Ngah'. 

"No! I studied hard for the exam and the marks came out good." he answered. 

"Then there's nothing to be embarrassed of. Don't worry I'm a cool guy. I bet I'll make your teacher falls for me when she sees me tomorrow." he said proudly. 

"You brag too much abang ngah, I bet it's the other way round." he said before walked off to the kitchen. 

"I do think so Zarif, Haziq's teacher, she's really cute and pretty. And she's nice and bright too! You'll surely fall for her." Pn Rafidah said, her hands are busy folding her clothes for the event she'll be going soon. 

"My love, they are limited Mak Su. No one can replace the one I've loved before." Zarif said, tossing his body to the couch. He took his phone out and admire the photo he kept in his gallery. "No one can replace this cute girl." he whispered to himself. 

"Who? Aleaya? You miss her?" Pn Rafidah asked. "A bit, I missed her a bit." he answered. 

"Where is she now, Zarif? Last time I saw her, she worked as a stewardess at the international airport under AirAsia, doesn't she?" 

"She does, I saw her yesterday." 

"Did you talked to her? Well, a 'Hi' at least?"

"Why would I? I have nothing to do with her now as she has her own life with a new partner."

"Is she married to that guy?" 

"I don't know. Mak su, can we not talk about her? She's has nothing to do with us now." he asserted the fact the Aleaya is not part of the family. 

"I'm sorry, I won't ask anymore." Pn Rafidah replied. He looked back at the photo of the girl in pink baju kebaya. She smiled sweetly to the camera as if it was the best day of her life. He stills remembered the day he exchanged photo with the girl. She was adamant that she looked fat. Well, to him, she looks the prettiest ever. 

In the car

"Haziq, tell me a bit about your teacher, your mom told me she's nice and pretty." he asked. Looking at his little cousin who's 13 years old. 

"She is, she's my English teacher, she's nice, pretty, considerate and could be scary sometimes when she's in her serious mode or when she's angry-"

"How can a person look nice and scary at the same time?" 

"Well, as long as we didn't get on her nerves or her bad side, we're all good. No one likes a bad teacher. She's the grace of our class, I am grateful she's my homeroom teacher, everyone likes her." he answered clearly, still admiring his teacher. 

"Abang ngah, later please don't be late. You are known by your inability to be on time. The session will end at two. I need you to be there at least by 12, do you get it?" he glared at him. 

"okay okay I'll come at 10 if you want me too! Don't be angry. calm down" he said, making attempts to stop the car in front of the school gate. 

"You can drop me off here, thank you abang ngah, see you later." he got out of the car then walking bacwards just to wave his hand to Zarif. 

"bye, kiddo!" he waved his hand back to him. 

1.33 p.m.

"shit- im late!" he got up fast from his bed, grabbed the key on the shelf and ran to his car at the parking lots. 

SMK Sultan Abdul Samad
1.50 p.m. 

"Haziq, you're still here? You said your cousin would come and sign your report card." Ain asked Haziq, the only student left in her class. 

"I think he overslept after sent my parents to the airport. He's always late, I don't know what to do with him." he answered.

"sorry- can i still sign Haziq's report card-" he went quiet after making eye contact with Ain. 

to be continued.