" Natasha ... are you there?"

⚠️⚠️ TW // DEATH //

Once I manage to get home I walk inside and lock myself , I turn my phone's noise on and put my bag down .
I sit down slowly and look at the many texts I got from from Natasha since she left for her side of the work , which I hadn't answered for some reasons ... feeling like she got more important things to do than care about me and my safety . Many people would need her I guess .

I walk to my fishes after a bit and feed them both turning on the light my mom got just to see them better since their corner were often dark .
I weirdly got the habit to now talk to them telling them about my weird and confusing day before going to the kitchen , walk to the drawer and get myself a small box of apple juice looking out of the window staring at the tree still hanging there .. it will watch me grow for sure ..
after what seem to be forever , I hear my mom ring the bell as I open to her and let her in .
Not talking much but still asking if she was better , she quietly nod her head as I don't insist and get back on the couch letting her go to the kitchen .
I sigh very quietly unable now not to think about the accident she went through once again wondering who they were and if the police stopped them .

3 weeks later *

After the accident my mom didn't stop from proposing me to do different things , as I kept saying no to a few but still accepted on what I felt I could handle . She kept going to work for sure and wouldn't stop that for anything or anyone . I had no more contact with Natasha but I knew my mom probably had conversations with her .
I had one week of vacations from school and I made a few friends that I invited home recently but not comfortable with people being in my house it didn't last long before I lied and told them to leave .

- A : and ..?
- E : .. sit here sit down

My mom mumbles to me as I sit down nervously hearing that she had a call from the police officer who was on our case

- E : they think they're going to drop the case -
- A : what !?-
- E : because there's a chance they're not even here at this point .. another group from somewhere else will take the case and see to search further -
- A : they're not further they're hiding !
- E : wherever they are hiding they'll be found but .. they need a new plan and more people on it
- A : ... they're crazy .. they're really taking this easy way huh ?
- E : Lia -
- A : no , no it's fine .. I'm gonna be late for school

I mumble kissing my mom's cheek whispering her that she loves her before leaving for school just like before all by herself .
Through the day I weirdly get worry hits , texting my mom more often as she kept telling me she was fine .
I for the first time finished at 6 pm and still not feeling fine I stay in front of my school and call my mom asking her to come and get me

- E : uh yeah I'm taking your way there in a few minutes
- A : it's dark ..
- E : it's ok stay with me on the call alright? There's nothing to worry on baby -

Emilie stop talking as two cars on both side of Em's car , hit her roughly making her car fly up on the sky and the phone fall and crash down .
Amelia raise her head hearing it from the school as she tense quickly and keep calling her mom in the phone , her body starts running toward the nose tears of worry filling in her eyes

- A : Mom !!! Mom are you there !!?

A bit further , Emilie's body was hanged by the seatbelt upside down .. lifeless .
The peoples in the car starts driving away almost hitting a few others causing panic on the road

- A : .. no .. no no no mommy !!

She scream recognizing her moms car as she runs as fast as she could and through the smoke approach the car screaming loudly when she sees her mom covered in blood unconscious

- ?? : Somebody call 911 !!!

It doesn't take long to Amelia to understand it now ... they wouldn't stop until they have her , they weren't 2/3 but many around the city waiting for a moment to take her .. like they took away her mother the only protection she had left .
911 and cops arrive real quick as a group tries as hard as possible to take Amelia away even tho she kept fighting and screaming
Thinking she was a killer ... if she wouldn't have called her mom she'd be home by now
And all she did was kill her mother..

- ?? : keep trying !-
- ?? : ma'am it's too late ... it's too late

The doctor says to the police officer unable to bring Emilie back , on the side Amelia was throwing up feeling her soul almost leave her body in front of these images . Letting her body fall down once they cover her mother's lifeless body .

- A : why not me ... why not me !!? KILL ME !!! KILL ME HAVE ME GOD DAMMIT WHY HER !!!?? WHY !!!??

She scream from the top of her lungs as they all start to make space letting people drive in another way .
7,8,9 pm and finally they manage to bring Amelia away , bringing her mother away as well . They drive her to a night house where they'd welcome kids with nobody for one night with proper situations .

- ?? : drugs ? Alcohol ?
- ?? : no she doesn't do that
- ?? : when did you say you'll be able to call them ?
- ?? : tomorrow 8 am , we'll warn them and come here to get her there
- ?? : alright .. is she under treatments ? With her traumatic experiences ?
- ?? : nothing for now , she'll be fine for the night just make sure she doesn't attempt on doing anything -
- ?? : specifically?
- ?? : .. she saw her mother die and screamed that she wanted to be killed ... I'm not gonna do a drawing am I ?
- ?? : ... alright yeah, it's fine she'll be with somebody anyways we don't have single rooms for girls
- ?? : ok yeah ..
- ?? : you can leave now we'll take care of her

I could hear the police officer and the lady who works in this weird but warm place talk ..
I could also hear my moms voice and the car accident ..
I could hear my screams and hear the words of my kidnappers almost telling me " now it's your turn " .
I happen to wonder , if this never happened to someone else ? Maybe here ? Did they survive ?
I wish I could rest , I wish I could close my eyes and have no one to open them .. after all I have nobody anymore .

My father's family cut contact with my mom once he died , saying that if she took better care of him he'd be alive and healthy ..
my mom's family don't know me much , they have pictures of me every Christmas but nothing more .
Tho don't take me wrong I don't mind it , I loved my life just with my mom .. never hated it . There was no family drama and it was almost more peaceful when my dad passed away .

- ?? : Amelia ? I'm Sarah I'll be taking care of you for the night

The same woman that was talking with the police says coming to me , my eyes stare at the void for a long while before looking up at her

- S : would you like to follow me ? Into your new room ?
- A : .... I can't .. I have to go back home .. my mom don't like me to forget feeding the fishes

I mumble almost not making any sense , Amelia your mom is dead .. she's gone why does it matter ? Tho she loved these fishes !! She loved them and she'd hate me for not feeding them tonight .

- S : ... right , well we'll feed them for you ... don't worry about that ok ?
- A : hmm ...

I simply hum and look back down before getting up slowly going with her upstairs hearing voices talk , mostly girls .
I walk toward what Sarah calls my future room and settle down

- S : Eloise , this is Amelia .. Amelia this is Eloise , you two are going to share this room for the night
- E : ... great ..

Amelia barely look at her and goes to the bed sitting down slowly , she pulls out her phone from her pocket and look at Sarah leave before looking back down .

- N : " can you at least tell me something really mean so I know you didn't block me Lia ?"

                                             3 days ago *

- A : " Natasha ... are you there ? "

I manage to text her and put my phone down , I look at Eloise then down and stay sat for hours . In silence .