Chapter 10: Katie

COPYRIGHT © SARAH MARTIN 2015

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THIS BOOK OR ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK THEREOF MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED OR USED IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ANY UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, BROADCASTING, MANIPULATION OR INFRINGEMENT OF THIS COPYRIGHT IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Part Ten

Saturday, February 13, 2010

When I came to, I looked around the room and was momentarily bewildered by my surroundings. Why were my three best friends and my sister sitting in my room with me, tied up, wearing nothing but underwear? It was just us in the room. I knew there was a reason we were bound, but I couldn't place it.

But why are they in their underwear?

Then I felt a cold chill, which made me realize that I was wearing nothing but my underwear as well. And then everything came back to me and I wished I was dead. I remembered Steve. Goddamn internet Steve.

My realization of the situation came quicker than I could comprehend.

Everything was happening in slow motion, but it was so fast at the same time. I shrieked and my friends looked over at me, surprised at my sudden outburst.

"Katie! You're awake!" Julia exclaimed, grinning largely at me.

"JULIA!" I shouted, remembering the last moments before I passed out. "Your fing-" I started.

Knowing what I was about to say, she cut me off, holding up her bound hands for me to witness. "I'm fine," she said. The finger was still intact, thank God. "He didn't actually cut me that bad. Just to scare us... I think," she explained.

I sighed, relieved. How I could be relieved in a situation like that was beyond me. "Okay."

I just sat there, a million thoughts in my head. So much that it was almost impossible for my mind to sort out all my knowledge of the situation. I knew Trace was still downstairs. As far as I was aware, the cops hadn't been called. So we were alone in our misery.

"Katie, are you okay?" Mary asked me, studying the scrutinizing expression on my face.

"Yeah, I think so..." I took a deep breath and asked,"What happened? Did he knock me out? Who took my clothes off?"

Sam was overwhelmed by my barrage of questions, "You fainted... And he took your clothes off..." She told me.

"He took all our clothes off..." Julia mumbled, embarrassed to say it aloud.

"And he took his Goddamn time with it as well," Sabrina barked. She looked like she was ready to murder someone.

"SHUT UP IN THERE!" I heard Steve shout.

I was confused for a second after I heard his voice. "Where is he?" I asked, looking around. Then I saw him. He was across the hall in my parents bedroom, sitting on their bed with the door wide open. Probably so he could keep an eye on us. He appeared to have a bunch of things with him, and was fiddling around with them. "Where did he get all that stuff?" I asked.

"He left again after he undressed us, and just came back with this huge bag of stuff," Mary said.

My eyes widened when I looked closer at what he had in his hands. "Shit," I muttered.

"What?" Sabrina asked.

Solemnly, I answered, "He's got a Goddamn video camera."

All was silent as we pondered over what he was planning on doing with it. The same thing was planted in each of our minds.