Chapter 48

Buckley's POV
He fell asleep on the way back to the hotel. I took the stroller out of the car and put it together. I took Bolt out of the car and put him in the stroller. I grabbed my backpack and put it on.

I made sure, I had everything then locked the car. I started pushing the stroller. I made my way to my hotel room. I took the room keycard out and unlocked the door. I walked in and put everything down.

I took Bolt out of the stroller then changed his diaper. Someone knocked on the door. I walked up to it and looked out the peephole in the door.

What's he doing here?

I opened the door and saw Anthony.

"I thought, you went home."

"Not yet. How are you guys doing?"

"Good. We just got back from the aquarium. What's up? Why're you here?"

"Malcom asked me to check on you."

"Ah. Well...we're okay."

"Do you need anything?"

"Not that, I can think of."

"Do you know things to do around here?"

"Yeah. We're good. Don't worry. He's just napping right now."

We talked for another minute then he left. I shut the door then walked away from the door. Bolt was still sleeping. Pixelle texted me that, her and Novalia did some shopping to set up a birthday party for him.

Wow...

He's already almost 2?

Why does that make me feel really old?

Alec: Because you are.

"Piss off."

I opened the shopping bags from the gift shop. I took the tags off the stuffed animals.

I should do laundry when he wakes up.

I took the new clothes out of the shopping bags and started taking off tags and stickers. I folded everything and put them in a pile.

I grabbed a drink from the fridge and opened it. I grabbed my laptop and brought it to the table. I put it down and put my drink next to it. I sat down and turned my laptop on.

I started doing what needed to be done.

"Dadda?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Bolt walking up to me.

"Hm?"

He pointed to my laptop. I picked him up and put him on my lap. I went back to whatever, I was doing. He looked up at me then smiled.

"Hey little man. What's up?"

"Plwy?"

"Sure."

I turned my laptop off and closed it. I picked Bolt up while I stood up.

"Actually...let's get you in the bath. You did bump into a few people."

I brought him to the bathroom and set him down on the ground. When he got in the bathtub, he started playing with his water toys.

He grabbed one of his toys that squirt water. He aimed it at me and squeezed the toy. He started giggling.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

Damn...

I really love this little boy.

I should play along.