Hockey game

Zoe was nineteen years old she had just started college and it was the fall she took collage classes and studied people on the side for collage credits. She never wanted to help a hockey player because she had always been biased because of the way jocks where always rude to her in high school. She didn't believe they would treat her any different in collage even if they where different people.

"Zoe, how are you doing? Did you get your work done" Mrs. Monty said because Zoe had seemed stressed.

"I'm actually doing really well thanks for asking Mrs. Monty. I do have my work done." Zoe said hiding the fact that she knew she would have to go to the collage hockey game because she went to collage in MINNESOTA and if you didn't go you might as-well leave the state.

"Okay, we'll sit down it's nice to hear your okay" Mrs. Monty said pretending to believe Zoe but she sorta did.

The class began and Zoe was messing with her thumbs and trying to stay awake in class. The hockey season had just started for the school. Zoe had started to zone off in class.

Ring ring

Once class was out Zoe walked out a little stressed and she had ran into some boy she didn't know.

"Shit, I'm really sorry. I should look up" Zoe said upset while her books had fell out of her hands and ended up on the concrete.

"It's, okay" he had said to Zoe with a smirk and walked away.

Zoe started thinking. What the fuck is wrong with him why is he so happy. JUST GET OVER IT. all Zoe could hear is her brain telling her to stop over thinking and to think on her studies. When she ran into her friend Bella.

"Hey, are you ready for the hockey game!" Bella had asked extremely happy because it was her favorite sport and her favorite thing was to rate the players and flirt with them.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Zoe said sarcastically pretending to care.

"I'll see you there!" Bella said because she wasn't good at taking hints and people need to spell it out and that really irritated Zoe so she limited talking to Bella.

After the in counter Zoe had made with Bella she went to her care and screamed Avril Lavigne on her radio.

"I'm home" Zoe yelled letting her dogs know.

When Zoe got home she took out her dogs and then studied for a little bit before she had to get ready she got home at 4pm and the game was at 7pm.

4:30-5:30 all Zoe did was study.

5:45 is when Zoe decided it was time to get ready because she couldn't look bad at the game if she had to go she might as-well feel confident and comfortable. Zoe wore light wash blue jeans that were cuffed with white high top converse with a grey sweatshirt and a jersey for the team but there was no name or number on the back because she knew none of the players. She wore a hat for the team and just wore her brown hair down her hair meet in the middle of her back. Zoe was about 5'5 not that tall but it was okay for her.

When Zoe was done getting ready she put her dogs away and got into her car she arrived at 6:30pm.

When the first period of the game had started Zoe had sat alone and didn't understand anything going on she thought hockey was kinda like soccer except on ice with a puck and stick. She thought it was kinda violent and she didn't really want to give it much thought so she just sat there and stared at the ice and she had started to Zone out. After game when they won 3-5 and the team had started to talk to the coach because Tate was struggling.

"Do you guys know anyone who can tutor Tate he needs to be able to play we need him to play." The coach said worried because he couldn't have his star player out because of grades.

"Eh, I think this girl named Zoe Langdon is a tutor. One of his teams spoke up because they were tired of the stress being on them

"Do you guys know if she's here" the coach said starting to get relived.

All Zoe could think is why is that hockey player pointing at me he's probably making fun of me. So Zoe got up and started to leave when.

"Stop" the coach said when Zoe was about to leave.

"What" Zoe said pissed and confused.

"I need to talk to you. Can you come down here?" The coach said needing her to help his star player.

"Um, so what did you need?" Zoe said confused and a little scared because the boys had just started to leave and she was basically the only girl left in the arena anymore.

"Can I get you to tutor my star player?" The coach said confidently in the fact she wouldn't say no.

"I don't know.." Zoe said not wanting to but not wanting him to give her a bad name at the school.

"Please it will help the school so much" the coach said needing to make up something on the spot.

"Only if the school needs it" Zoe said hoping he was telling the truth but knew he probably wasn't.

"Okay how about I give you his number" the coach said glad that it worked.

"Um, sure here's my phone" Zoe said nervously to hand him her phone unlocked.

"Here, you go. Thank you so much Zoe" the coach said with the biggest smile on his face.

"It's really no big deal" Zoe said pretending like she didn't hate hockey boys with a passion.

After that Zoe when home and once she got home and took care of her dogs she got into her pjs and sat on her couch thinking about what to text until she finally decided on.

Zoe:
Hey, I'm Zoe Langdon your coach gave me your number and wanted me to tutor you to help the school.
sent.
Ok well I'm Tate Davis. Does 7pm tomorrow work for you.
sent
Yes, that works but where do you want to study.
How about you come over to my house Zoe I'll give you my address.
Okay I'll see you then.