1

Author

Leilani. A name that means "heavenly garland of flowers" or "royal child" in Hawaii, and although she did love flowers she was anything but a royal child. Leilani was accepted into one of the greatest art universities in the world, CSM. Now she is moving to London is less than 3 weeks and has to finish packing before graduation.

She is now home from a long day of school and exhausted and just like any other day she finds time to walk to the beach before the sun sets. After about an hour of the sun slowly setting she walks home and waves to Mrs.Barbra, a local elderly women who goes in the shop Leilani works in almost everyday. Mrs.Barbra is a women who Leilani used to take care of at her previous job. She had stage 3 cancer and her kids put her in a nursing home so they wouldn't have to pay the large hospital bills.

Mrs. Barbra beat her cancer after a couple years and she thanks Leilani for helping her at her lowest. Now she goes to see Leilani at work to make sure she is well.

Leilani got home from her trip to the beach and felt sweaty so she decided to hop in the shower quickly before she got ready for bed. A loud bang came from downstairs but she didn't think much of it because her dad slams stuff a lot when he's frustrated. She heads to bed after some time and begins to read. She swore to herself she would read every night before bed to gain knowledge, good knowledge, bad knowledge, wise knowledge, any knowledge really.

So there she was reading when all of a sudden her drunken father bangs on her door "Lei?....Lei stop being a spoiled brat and come out and sit with papa. come on lets talk Lei". She pretends she is asleep to avoid the divorced alcoholic middle aged man, DAMAM for short.

He tries to open the door and its locked to his surprise. He then tries to shake and wiggle the door knob to break to lock, soon enough he gets irritated and kicks the door down. "Lei, i know your awake, you fucking bitch, you're the reason she left you know... all of 'hanging' you did with that Zayn boy, it kept giving her a reason to be away from me Lei..." he laughs at the end of his sentence. "Its your fucking fault Leilani" he screamed tears slowly running down his face.

"Leilani look at me when im talking to you" he continued to yell. "You're hiding your face because you know its true, whore." his anger began to grow heavier and heavier the more he spoke about it. Leilani still pretending and she was awfully good at it since thats what she does everyday.

Marc picked her up by her shoulders and pressed her against her backboard "Leilani you cannot hide from me, i am your father. These 17 years of you living has been my personal hell, please know i despise you're existence."

He yelled in her face. She wanted to speak but her words were stuck, she did not know what to say or do. Seconds after him screaming in her face he pulls his hand back and boom.

Her father was most definitely a drunk but she had never experienced this before he had never said those kind of things to her, he would never lay a hand on her. This was not the Marc Davis we all knew and loved, this wasn't even the DAMAM only Leilani knew, this was someone different, someone no one had ever seen before.