Prologue

Mavis~

I should have known that time is a thief, taking away life at every tick of the clock. I should have known that it is relative, going faster and slower based on just our mind and how we are feeling alone. That a single phone call can make the difference between living and living like we're dying, or maybe realizing we were not living at all.

No matter what we do, who we are, or what we believe in, it all ends as soon as your heart stops and your blood stops pumping through your veins. One day our voices will stop, our thoughts will stop, and we will cease to exist, just a memory through people's minds until they too cease to exist, and we are lost forever. It was a vicious cycle of time running out, like an hourglass.

The hourglass loses sand as time moves on, and when the last bit of sand reaches the bottom, it's done. Life was the sand, and the glass was time, and it just happened that Danny's hourglass moved faster, that his sand was at the bottom until the glass came crashing down spilling it all over.

---------------

Danny~

Time is a gift, something everyone takes for granted. It is given to us so we may live and when our time comes, it chooses another life to fill. We cannot change it or add to it, but we can make the most of it. Time is fragile but it heals, and it changes. A single shove ended my life but it was added to the memories of the universe. Time could prove I existed because it was there to see me exist.

Time takes the memory of you with it, passing it along for generations and fueling life itself. It was amazing how as soon as your last breath is released to the world, everything changes. Your senses disappear to be replaced with your thoughts. You are there but your presence is not important, you cannot be seen or heard. Your physical being is just a piece to a giant puzzle called life and death, and your soul was the glue that held it together.