1 || Here Comes Revenge

Karma by Taylor Swift//
Sweet like justice, karma is a queen
Karma takes all my friends to the summit

◇~Ashley Hart~◇

"Hey woman! Can you hurry the fuck up?" I yelled not-so-loudly yet most of the heads in the cafeteria except the lunch lady's, turned around my direction. I glanced at the boy who stood only a few metres away, looking back at me with a frown on his face.

"What? Oh, so you're the woman then?"

His frown deepened but he just walked away without uttering anything which I really appreciated. I'm not gonna pick any fights today, I promise.

"There you go." finally the lady extended the tray and I gave her a fake-curious look, grabbing it.

"What took you so long? Well.." I pointed to the mayonnaise on my tray. "You sure that this is.. mayonnaise and not your c-"

"Ashley, that's enough." She said calmly, giving me a stern look which she thought was intimidating.

"All I'm saying is, make it snappy next time." I stated to her back figure as she already got back to her work and before making my way to my usual spot, I smiled at the girl who was standing in the queue, looking at me curiously. It was gratifying when I saw her taken aback by my gesture as I always have a resting bitch face, though she somehow returned it back.

I ain't gonna lie, she got a pretty smile.

Then I waved at Vanessa who gestured at me to hurry up and when I was about to move towards my table, my eyes caught something which made me frown.

Cole, my one and only bestfriend, was on his place all alone, chewing his food and staring at the empty seat across him as if he was contemplating something. Where the hell is Abigail?

I instantly walked towards his place and set my tray down, sitting across him which slowly made him acknowledge my presence.

"Ash?"

"Yeah?" I asked, taking a huge bite on my sandwich. That lady took her sweet time to give me this nasty thing?

"What are you doing here?"

"Um, I don't know." I shrugged, chewing the tasteless bread and he rolled his eyes. "Taking a bath, I guess."

"I'm being serious, Ashley. What are you doing here? Vanessa must be waiting for you." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Oh, right. She must be." I turned around and looked over at Vanessa where she was sitting at and noticed her flirting with Gregory as I figured. I turned back to Cole and pointed over her direction with my thumb. "Must she not?" I raised my eyebrow and Cole just sighed, massaging his temples without responding anything.

"Bruh, you're okay?" I asked, frowning slightly. "If you want me to leave because Abby will catch us talking together, then sure I will leave right this instant. You can just say it instead of being a sulky baby." I whisper-yelled.

"That's not it, Ash." he mumbled, staring at his food.

I sighed, placing my sandwich down. "Then tell me what happened. I can't look at your goddamn-dead-serious face for more than t-"

"She broke up with me." He cut me off, finally meeting my gaze. "Abigail broke up with me, Ash." his lips slightly started to quiver and I've never ever seen him all weak and heartbroken in my entire life until now. If I saw Abigail right now, I was fucking sure I'd strangle her to death and go to jail.

I clenched my jaw and glanced around making sure that no one saw Cole while he was in a state like this. I just wanted to take him outside and calm him down but if I did something like that, Vanessa and the other guys would surely notice. So I gripped his hand that laid on the table and squeezed it lightly.