WENDY

wendy
( n ) someone one never expects
to meet, but forever glad they
did

BOOK ONE

-: marauders era :-

── YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T HOLD ME FOREVER

. . .

SUMMARY

There was always something different about Wendy Quinn. She grew up on a Catholic orphanage, and the entirety of her childhood live revolved around religion. Church every Sunday and holidays, prayers in the evening, before meals, before getting into bed at night. She attended the on-site primary school, with a lesson dedicated to her religion every day, wore the same clothes as everyone else and was surrounded by nothing but that of the home's beliefs.

But when, just a few years after arriving at the home, strange, anti-religious acts begin to occur in the vicinity of Wendy, such acts only happening when she was around, the sisters of the home began to take an interest in the once quiet, background bookworm who was entirely unremarkable and not worthy of their express attention. These odd occurrences set her apart from the rest of the behaving, God-abiding girls of the home, and soon enough Wendy Quinn was a problem child.

She spent more time being punished for her sins than not, and in just a couple of years had turned into a social recluse, her only outward expression of anything at all being rebellion against the regime of catholicism that had taken over her life. There was no point denying that she had not committed these strange acts - although she truly believed she had not - because she would be reprimanded either way, and why shouldn't she make a few comments along the way?

It all culminated on the eve of her eleventh birthday, when she would be treated for sins she did not have and would be awoken, starved and bruised by the most surprising news she had ever received; there was a woman there to see her.

And that meeting signified a change in Wendy's life beyond her wildest dreams. She was a witch, and as of September, she would not be attending the local comprehensive secondary school, and instead be attending boarding school in Scotland - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, to be exact.

It was everything she could have beer dreamed of, except she had no idea what it would be like and if she would even enjoy it. All she could do was simply relish in the fact she was no longer returning home to an orphanage that believed she was the devil incarnate.

But there was truly no need for her to panic, for she would be fortunate enough to meet a group of four thrown together by the Sorting Hat that would ensure her life changed for the better. They stuck around, and certainly only urged her former rebellion back to the forefront in the most fun, loving way possible, getting them all in trouble along the way.