🏹 08

"i still can't believe this

"i still can't believe this."

jinhee lifted her head slightly to look at her friend, who stared at her screen. "can't believe what?" jinhee asked.

finally, breaking her eyes away from the device in her hands, seohyun leaned over the table between them and propped her head up right ontop of jinhee's textbooks. "he followed me back... the love of my life followed me back."

the noirette watched her friend sigh dreamily as she could do nothing but chuckle at the lovesick state the blonde was in.

"what happened to jeongin?" jinhee asked instead.

seohyun's head shot up so fast that jinhee had to flinch back or else their heads might have collided. "what about him?"

"well, weren't you in love with him like two weeks ago?"

seohyun scoffed. "i mean, he thinks you like him. so, my chances with him are practically zero now."

"don't say that."

"but it's true!" seohyun pouted. "everyone loves you."

sighing, jinhee placed her pen down and closed her notebook. seohyun still pouted defeatedly and jinhee couldn't help but to poke her cheek.

"and everyone loves you too. at least, i know i do. so, who cares whether jeongin thinks i like him... i'm sure he'll like you once you talk to him."

"i don't know... he does seem out of my league." jinhee shot her a glare and seohyun giggled. "maybe i like taehyun now. this was a sign from the cupid gods."

rolling her eyes, jinhee stared at her best friend incredulously. "you are unbelievable."

still not being able to contain her laughter, seohyun cupped her cheeks in the same position as before. now, jinhee can't even ignore her because the blonde was blocking her books.

"well, think about it... i get scared of confessing to jeongin, leading to you having to take the fall for me and then you angry text me except it's not me but actually a super hot gay dude with equally hot friends? this had to be fate."

"you're being dramatic." jinhee rolled her eyes, smacking the blonde's arms to get her to move.

"but it's true! what are the chances that i meet the love of my life on a group chat that you got us added to after all of that?"

jinhee stared at seohyun for a few seconds more until she caught herself actually contemplating her friend's nonsense and shook her head. "seo, my work is due tomorrow."

scowling, seohyun finally backed away. "you can't deny it, jin."

"oh, i sure can."

that was the last thing jinhee said before diverting her attention back to her mathematics homework. it seemed seohyun had finally shifted her attention away from the noirette too, at last leaving her in peace. she knew seohyun was sulking because of how blunt she was but that's just how jinhee was. she didn't believe in fate, and coincidences or all that other nonsense.