thirteen

[do you live in nonhyeon?]

12:53pmjune 6th, 2018gwangnam high schoolseoul, south korea

12:53pm
june 6th, 2018
gwangnam high school
seoul, south korea

the halls are silent.

"pass up your answer sheets to the desks in front of you!" the supervisor, mister myung, yells as soon as the long hand of the clock hits 12.

as expected, the students carry out his instructions diligently to avoid invoking his wrath. it's the final day of midterms anyway so they can't wait to be done either.

once he's gathered all the papers and has bid them adieu, he exits the class and leaves them to their devices.

"finally we're done!" one of the students vocalizes and the class erupts in noises of agreement.

"i probably failed" hyerin mutters, plopping down on the seat in front of hana, which has long been abandoned by the occupant.

"and how do you know that?" hana asks her, wanting to remain positive.

"i copied off miyoung's paper but i have a bad feeling about it" she replies glumly, sighing like a sad puppy.

"let's try to be positive okay?"

"...i'll try"

"i totally flunked" miyoung comes in and hyerin gives hana a look of despair before sighing dramatically again.

"i'm doomed..." she mumbles to herself.

to cheer her two friends up, hana suggests joining a small group from the class who plan on going to karaoke.

the karaoke room is spacious enough for the handful of students to find comfortable seats. everyone gets down to business immediately, from ordering food and drinks to selecting a list of songs to perform to help de-stress.

that doesn't surprise hana at all. what does though is who she finds sitting in between two guys that she thinks she's seen around a few times.

heeseung.

he seems to be in a discussion with them so she makes no attempt to get his attention. instead, she joins her friends to pick songs too.

the ones already selected are classic songs ranging from shinee to f(x), pentagon, and even ikon.

"oh, should we go with wonder girls?" areum, her classmate, suggests to the three girls.