three

After five years of wait.. Finally he was going to return. She looked at herself in the mirror, she was wearing his favorite color, her make up was up to the point, she wore light jewelries. Now, hopefully he'll love her back? Will he? Why does it even matter, he is married to her.

"Sukriti.. He's here."

A blush crept on her face which was clearly visible through her light skin. She ran downstairs and watched him getting out of his car, the driver went to take out his luggage. Tears made their way to her eyes.

"D-dhruv.." She mumbled. She ran towards him breaking him into tears.

The tiredness grew in him, the dullness in his face was more visible. He looked at his mother helplessly which got unnoticed by her.

"S-sukriti.. Dear take him to his room."

She nodded and guided him to their room. "Why are your things here?" He asked.

"We're married, what are you saying?"

He looked at her strangely. "You are.. ten years older than me Sukriti-"

"Age is just a number Dhruv, we love each other don't we?"

He sighed and got into shower. Forgetting all his worries, he thought about that one person who could make his days better, Vasudha. He knows things will be rough when she meets his family at first but eventually it will be better and he knows it. Or .. so he thought.

---------

Dhruv was twenty years old, he was ecstatic, he just got accepted into his dream university in the US, finally his dream was coming true. His mother was the happiest, she called every relative telling how smart and lucky her son was. It was around 8 in the evening when his father came with a woman, a woman younger than him and girl older than Dhruv. She was beautiful, she had a very fair skin, she had round face and light pink lips, her hair was wavy tied in a braid, she was wearing a beautiful blue saree and a small locket.

"Who.. Who is she, Pa?"

"Dhruv.. You will marry her."

There was silence for a moment, maybe longer than a moment. No way, No way is he going to marry her. He doesn't like her, not that he knows her but still, he doesn't like her.

"No. I won't, I don't know her!"

That night was sleepless for everyone with worries surrounding them. His mother hated his father for this, for always forcing her son into things he doesn't want, and when it comes to his marriage she won't tolerate it, she doesn't want to ruin Dhruv's life by watching him get married to some lady who is much older than him. 

At last, her mother too was helpless and Dhruv forcefully got married to a woman who is at least ten years older than him. The very next day of his marriage, Dhruv left India almost forgetting about Sukriti.