Prologue

A tall willowy figure stood within the shadows watching. This wasn't the right time to make themselves known, but still, the temptation was strong.

It has been five years since that fateful night. The night that changed all their lives, a part of the group would argue for the better,  but they all collectively knew it was for the worse.

'Get a hold of yourselves,', the captain's voice  cracked through the radio. 'I don't want to hear any chatter on this line.'

'Aye Sir,' she responded.

'Red, get a hold of your team. We've got one shot at this. You better make it count. Radio silence from here on out. We'll see you on the other side.'

Only, there wasn't another side to be seen. The plan they made fell to the wayside and they barelyade it out of there alive. Their team leader vanished, the "Company" was dissolved before their feet had even touched the tarmac.

This was the life now. Lurking in shadows, plotting revenge and laying patiently in wait for another to rise to be brought down.

Taking a deep breath, the cold hazel eyes watched the window. It was only a matter of time before they let them out of the cage. Patience was the best bet.

Slinking back into the trees as the night guard light swept across the compound, all traces of human presence there was gone.

**Not my usual story genre, but I thought after a long hiatus why not try something new. This may be something....**