Chapter 25

Los Angeles - Night 3

(Eddie's POV)

"Alright LA we've had a blast so far tonight, and we've still got our special guests of the night to make an appearance yet" I announce to the fans on our last night of our tour.
Everyone cheers and screams in glee and excitement at my mentioning of our special guests.

"But for now, I'd like to slow things down a little bit. You see, today is a very important day to me personally, today's date specifically. It's not a happy date, but it's one that I want to share with you all anyway"
Quiet murmurs are heard from so many fans, all wondering what I am talking about. I look to the side of the stage, and see Tori and my friends all stood together, watching me. Tori gives me a supportive smile and a small nod.

"On this day, 19 years ago, my parents were killed in a tragic car accident while on their way to pick me up from my grandparents' house. I was five years old. Every year I celebrate their memory on this day, as well as the dates of the deaths of my grandparents. This next song I wrote in remembrance of my family, and although I've sung it plenty of times on this tour, tonight is extra special for me. I would appreciate it if you all could help with this song Ghosts" I say to the crowds.

The uptempo beat of the song begins to play, complete with some light EDM and synthesizers, and I begin to sing in a gentle tone of voice.

"Youngblood thinks there's always tomorrow,
I miss your touch on nights when I'm hollow,
I know you crossed a bridge that I can't follow,
Since the love that you left is all that I get,
I want you to know that..."

When I near the end of the first verse, I swing my acoustic guitar to my front, which was previously hanging to my side, and ready myself to play the instrument. For the first half of the chorus, all background music and the backing beat of the song gives way for the guitar riff which I play, and for the second half of the chorus, all of the sounds are brought together again before leading into the second verse.

I sing the chorus with every bit of effort and emotion I have in me. I always sing this song with as much passion as I can muster, in the hope that somehow my family can hear me. All the pain I feel and the happiness I experience through my memories are constantly re-lived through this song.

"If I can't be close to you, I'll settle for the ghosts of you,
I miss you more than life,
And if you can't be next to me, your memory is ecstasy,
I miss you more than life,