🚬 | We could get a cat.

Warnings: smoking, unedited
Type: Fluff
Pairing: Joby Taylor x Reader
Relationship: bf + bf/gf/jf
Pronouns: not mentioned

I was going out for a walk through the park, sky dark as I took long strides. I fidgeted with my music player, trying to find a decent song to listen to while on my walk.

I had played the hell out of a lot of these songs, and was probably due for some new ones.

Unexpectedly, I was lifted off my feet and into the arms of someone, causing me to let out a sharp yell until the smell of cigarettes and cheap cologne and the feel of a leather jacket under my hands registered and I recognised who it was. I dug my fingers deeper into the arm that held me as I removed my headphones from my ears. I heard an unmanly giggle emanate from my partner, causing me to huff and roll my eyes.

Something pleasant I noticed was that he clearly showered with soap and water instead of showering in cologne. I could tell because I wasn't choking on the air around him this time, not that I really minded it.

"Joby!" I shout his name at him. "You scared the shit out of me!"

"That was the point, sweetheart." He replies, pressing three kisses on my face, each on a new spot on my cheek.

"I hate you so much."

"You love me."

"Unfortunately." I sigh, feet hitting the ground after he leaves another two kisses on my other cheek, smiling smugly as I turn around to face him. He lets out a short laugh, turning to look up at the sky.

"You're out late." He places a hand on my cheek and smooths his thumb over it.

"So are you."

"Because I knew you would be." He replies quickly and without hesitation, as if he knew I was going to say that.

"You need something?" I ask. He stuffs his hand in his pocket and I can tell he's fidgeting with his box of cigarettes, not making a move to take it out yet.

"Can't I walk with you?" He asks, snickering and leaning in to press another kiss to my cheek. He's usually affectionate, but that's seven kisses in the past minute. I'm getting suspicious.

He takes out a cigarette, looking at me expectantly and lowering his head, knowing I always carried a lighter just for him. He liked letting me light us cigarettes for him, so that's what I did.

I took out a small black BIC lighter and lit the flame, cupping my hand around it so the wind couldn't blow it out as I lifted it to light his cigarette.

"You suck."

"I think you'll find-"

"I'll kill you. I will do it. No hesitation." I say quickly, before he can crack a joke. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes before letting a plume of smoke spill from his mouth.

He takes my hand with his, tucking the other one into the pocket of his brown leather jacket. It was his favourite one. I never saw him without it.

Considering the cold, he was also wearing his fingerless gloves and a beanie. Not that the gloves did much to provide warmth as autumn progressed, but usually he'd wear them when it starts getting cold again.

He was cute. Always cute. At first I considered him intimidating, but you can only usually be wrapped up in someone's arms a few times before you start to consider them cute, especially with the way Joby does it. He likes to hum his songs when we cuddle. It's cute.

He takes my hand, and I feel the fabric of his glove press against my palm. He has large hands, and almost always wore rings. Like always, I was spinning one of them around with my free hand, pressing the side of my head to his shoulder for a moment before we started walking.