Blackpink

"Hey, what's this," Victoria asked while snatching up her best friend, Tristan's notebook from off his bed. "Are these song lyrics?"

"No! They're nothing. Give me that," he cried out while desperately trying to get the notebook out of her hands.

"This is pretty good," she exclaimed while reading the handwritten words on the open page. "What's it abou--wait . . ."

She began to whisper read some of the lyrics.

"Oh my gad," she exclaimed. "Seriously?"

The lyrics she just read seemed to explain exactly what the song was about.

She began to read them again, this time, out loud, in a normal voice. "I see the girls around me, a part of me wishing to be like them, But I'm stuck inside this boy's body, feeling so condemned."

Tristan began to tremble as he tried to hide his face.

Victoria sat down on the bed next to him. She placed her hand under his chin and lifted his head.

"Look at me," she softly, tenderly requested.

Her voice oozed sincerity, compassion, and trust, but still he kept his gaze on something across the room, afraid to make eye contact, fearing once their eyes met, she's be able to read his mind and she'd know everything.

Victoria moved her hand from his chin and began to read the rest of the song, silently.

"Is this for real? Is this how you feel? Tristan, we're best friends. You know I've trusted you with all my most intimate secrets. I tell you everything. You're the only one that knows I used to avoid mirrors when I was little because I thought the girl in the mirror would be able to swap places with me and steal my life by trapping me in the mirror, if I stared too long. No one but you knows that a little pee comes out when I laugh too hard, and you're the only person in the world that knowa I have a huge crush on Mylon's dad. I trust you completely, duh, why can't you trust me? You know you can talk to me."

Victoria put her arm around Tristan's shoulder, but Tristan remained quiet and continued to look away.

Almost two minutes passed before the silence was broken.

"Backink," he mumbled.

"What did you say, Backink?"

"Blackpink." He repeated, this time more clearly.

"Yeah, they're your favorite pop group in the whole world. You've only made that completly obvious a million times over. You're madly in love with them. I get it, but what about them? Why did you mention them," Victoria inquired.

"The song. It's written in the style of a Blackpink song."

Victoria read the chorus to herself in a whisper, to the tune of one of Blackpink's songs.

"Holy crap, yeah, I can see it. In my head I could hear them actually singing it and dancing to it. Although, the lyrics are from the point-of-view of a boy who's struggling with transgender feelings, right? Blackpink would never perform this. Again I ask, is this about you?"

Again he became unresponsive, so she began reading the entire song aloud.

"[Verse 1]
Waking up every day, feeling lost and alone
In my heart, I know I'm different, but I always try to play along

People tell me I should be a certain way, but inside I feel confused
I can't shake the feeling that I'm living a lie, and hiding the truth that I always knew

[Pre-Chorus]
Tired of pretending, tired of being fake
But every time I try to be real, the fear is too much to take

[Chorus]
Wishing, praying to become who I am
But the world's too busy trying to fit me into a program