❀Flower Kings❀

I think that
"Velvet"
is a really good song for this chapter!

Aragorn searched for Legolas, his eyes glancing in every direction, every corner he could find.
But he unfortunately did not.
He had looked everywhere!
Everywhere but..
Of course, Aragorn thought.
Why did he not look there? The most obvious place where Legolas probably hung around.
Aragorn walked straight forward to the little garden, wich was, in his opinion,
indeed well hidden.
"Legolas! I have searched for you everywhere, meleth nín" (my love)
Legolas perked up, his expression not changing at the king.
"Aiya" (hello)
He said.
Aragorn remembered that Legolas mostly spoke in elvish when he was upset.
"Man cerig?" (What are you doing?)
"I wanted to talk to you, be with you. I live much too short for fighting with you"
Aragorn answered, taking a few steps closer.
Legolas hesitated, shifting on the spot where he was sitting. Aragorn took notice of the silver peonies, wich grew besides Legolas and smiled softly. Legolas looked beautiful.
"Goheno nín, meleth" (forgive me, love)
Aragorn whispered, sitting down next to his elf.
His hand reached out to stroke through Legolas' hair, before tucking it behind his ear.
"Téreva, pen-channas. Hannon le"
(Fine, idiot. Thank you)

Aragorn put on his well known grin.
He leaned over and closer to Legolas.
"Gi melin" (i love you)
Aragorn whispered in his ear, making it twitch.
"I love you, too"
Legolas whispered back, raising his hand to let is rest on Aragorns cheek, stroking over his beard. Legolas found it fascinating.
As an elf, he never really had any body hair, so when he first saw a man with a beard (not even mentioning a dwarf) he was taken aback and could not stop staring. Before, he had always thought, that hairy men where just some kind of myth, a scary story for little elflings to wash and care for their hair, or else these hairy men would come and take away your hair to use it as their beards, because they would just take hair that was dirty and not cared for. Legolas had to grin and planted a quick kiss on his love's nose.
"Estel, my beautiful moonlight."
He said softly, his grin turning into a warm smile.
"Yes, Legolas, my adorable sunshine?"
Aragorn answered, earning another kiss, but now on the forehead.
"If I compliment you more, will I get a kiss on the lips eventually?"
The king asked.
"Perhaps"
"I will take that as a yes"
"Good"
"You're beautiful"
"Does not count, I have heard that before"
Legolas objected.
"Oh come on, that is not fair, you have probably heard like a thousand things I could not even think of!"
Aragorn complained.
"Then you are not getting a kiss."
The elf strictly said.
"I hate you."
Aragorn shot back.
Legolas counted in his head.
1, 2, 3.
"No I do not, I lied. Goheno nín"
(Forgive me)
Aragorn spluttered, quickly hugging his prince.
"I know"
The answer came dryly.
Aragorn rolled his eyes.
"I would rather spend my live with you, locked up in this castle, than live alone, yet in infinite freedom."
For that, Aragorn earned yet another kiss on the cheek, making him waddle happily.
Legolas had to grin and finally placed a kiss on Aragorns lips.
„But I did not say anything?"
„Yes, but you are cute"
„Shut up"
„.."
„No, do not shut up, I love your voice"
„I know"

At some point, Legolas got a bit bored and they took a walk through the garden.
„Any plans for the garden?"
Aragorn asked. Legolas nodded.
„I will plant more elvish flowers and plants here, arrange it a bit, but not too much. I do not want it to look neat, like the whole rest here."
Aragorn quietly agreed with Legolas' comment on the neatness of Gondor. He did not like it, but he could live with it, even though he grew up in the beautiful elvish realm of Elrond.

Legolas let his hand run over a cold wall. It made him shiver, even though he could not feel the coldness. He averted his gaze over to his ranger, who watched him carefully.
Legolas fully turned over to his ranger, looking around for any people before placing his hand on Aragorn's chest.
Now, his hand felt like it warmed again.
Legolas had to smile and slowly leaned into a kiss, wich Aragorn gladly returned.
It was a short kiss, and when they parted their lips, they just did to connect it for a much longer one. Although, it was not better, Aragorn thought, as every kiss with Legolas was evenly perfect. He smiled and pulled his elf closer, before getting shoved off hastily.
A guard walked by, bowing to his king, who gave him an awkward nod in return, then continuing his way. Legolas and Aragorn shared a quick look, the elf noticing the king a bit confused.

„I do not like that everyone bows to me"
Aragorn finally said to break the silence.
They started walking again.
„You should get used to it. I am, too."
Legolas answered, obviously not surprised
„You grew up with it"
Aragorn sighed, putting his two hands behind his head, groaning for no reason.
„Yes"
Legolas said, not really knowing what to say back to Aragorn's sentence.
„I am just saying, you are used to it because you grew up with it, and I, now, after already living almost half of my life as the weird little human in Elrond's realm, have to get used to people bowing to me."
„People should have always bowed to you, too. From the start."
„I am happy with how I have lived. And maybe it is for the better that no one bowed to me until I reached mid fifties."
Aragorn spoke, looking over to Legolas who eyed him curiously.
„Perhaps, it was really for the better. I, too, believe so."
The elf said with a nod.

It was evening, the sun kissing the sea as they slowly started melting together.
Aragorn and Legolas sat on a rather wide wall, moss and grass covering it fully, making it quite comfortable.
Whilst Legolas admired the sunset, Aragorn did the same but with his elf, who sat on his left side.
"You are stunning, Legolas. Your eyes shine so beautifully in the setting sun, and your hair looks like soft, golden velvet."
He breathed, almost not daring to risk ruining the beautiful moment.
Legolas' eyes flicked over to Aragorns, making intense eye contact.
"You are magnificent, Estel."
Legolas whispered.
"I love you"
"I love you"
They both shared a smile, their fingers carefully and barely touching, yet sending shivers down their spines. Aragorn felt like butterflies would fly out of his mouth, and Legolas felt fuzzy, having to chuckle because of the feeling.
Aragorn smiled like an idiot.

"You know, I will announce our relationship. I only live once and not long, so why do we not write history to stay in mind of the people forever. Forever, together."
Aragorn stated. Legolas eyes went bit, glowing with excitement.
"Are you really meaning what you are saying Estel?"
He asked, his voice trembling a bit.
"Of course"

Legolas fell into his ranger's arms, embracing him tightly, feeling the other's arms wrap around him, holding him even closer.
When they parted, Legolas was the one who smiled like an idiot, but soon, Aragorn did, too.

"Oh, look!"
Aragorn exclaimed.
Legolas, who leaned on Aragorn, perked up.
"What is it, Estel, meleth nín?" (My love)
"Blue chicories! Have I told you that they are my favourite?"
"Yes, you did. But that was a bit of time ago"
"How long?"
"About a hundred years, I assume."
Legolas answered, stroking through Aragorn's, now grey hair.
Aragorn smiled his warm smile.
Legolas loved it. He loved how Aragorns eyes crinkled up, how his teeth showed a bit, how it never had changed, not like how many things did, after Aragorn announced their being together. Legolas calculated for a second.
It was about 98 years ago.
Many things had happened after. Many good things, a few bad things, but then again, too few to mention.
"Oh, there are peonies growing next to the chicories! Do you see them?"
Legolas noticed.
"Yes, I do!"
Aragorn answered, smiling happily.
Legolas kissed him for a moment, before going back to leaning on his ranger.
"The people are planting chicories and peonies as a sign of our love, did you know?"
Legolas told him.
"Oh, no, I did not."
Aragorn said,
stroking and playing with Legolas hair. 
"Well, they also call us the flower kings."
The elf continued.
"They say that, since you and I have arrived, the flowers, especially the peonies and chicories, were blooming as beautiful as ever."
Aragorn listened, his eyes watching the moon above the sea.
"I have thought about it a few days ago. I noticed how there were always these two flowers growing where we were."
Legolas finished.
"You are right"
Aragorn mumbled with a smile.
"When I die, at least the flowers will continue blooming with you. Promise me if they do not do it from their own, you will plant them for me."
He added.
Legolas nodded.
"Everywhere."
The elf whispered.
"Promise?"
"I promise."

They looked at each other, and once again, silver grey met ocean blue, and the chicories and peonies were blooming as the moon's reflection shimmered on the seas.

That was it, thank you everyone for giving feedback, reading, commenting, voting, motivating and complimenting.
❤️