12: Honeymoon

⚠️⚠️ SLIGHT SPICY WARNING ⚠️⚠️

"This was a great idea." Buck said as he handed me a freshly made pina colada. "I so agree. Also I made a great decision marrying a bartender." I laughed.

We were currently in Florida, on our honeymoon. Kid-free, work-free, it is perfect. After the wedding reception we spent a 2 nights at an indoor waterpark resort with Evie. We wanted to do something with her to celebrate our marriage because after all, Evie is a huge part of it. Then we took off to Florida, where we've been for the last 2 days.

"Wanna go to the beach?" He asked, moving from his spot across from me and wrapping his arms around me from behind. "Hm maybe." I shrugged, feeling slightly hungover from the previous night. "We can bring a nice blanket, some drinks and just relax." His hands ran through my hair.

"That sounds quite nice." I said, leaning back against his body.

"Let's go then Mrs. Buckley." He said, emphasizing the last words. I smiled and stood up, grabbing his hand as I walked through the house, which we rented, and to the bedroom. "Actually, can we talk?" Buck spoke up as we entered the bedroom. I nodded and sat on the bed. Buck took a seat next to me and looked at me.

"First, just know that whatever the answer is, it doesn't make me feel any different towards you." He started to speak. I could see the hesitation in his body. "Well I certainly would hope not as we're married." I laughed nervously.

"W-would you, uh, be open to having another, um, another baby?" Buck said, avoiding eye contact with me as he spoke. I felt my heart start to race a little. This was something that had been on my mind for awhile. The possibility of having more kids started to seem more exciting as time progressed and as Evie got bigger.

I looked up at him and nodded slightly. "Yes." I said. A smile creeped across Buck's face almost immediately as he heard my answer. "Really?" He asked as his eyes widened. I smiled and nodded. "Yes really. I want to have just one more." I said.

Buck's arms wrapped around me instantly as he pulled me into a tight hug. I almost couldn't believe I agreed to having another baby. Yet, here I was. I always wanted a bigger family, but that seemed like a dream to me for the longest. Then, dealing with my postpartum issues after having Evie seemed to make the idea of being pregnant again disgusting.

"I do want to go to the beach though." I said, interrupting his splurge of affection. "Right right." He said.

————————————————————————

"I love the beach." I said as I watched the waves crash onto the shore. "Me too." Buck added. I could feel his intense stare on me. "It's hot out here." He chuckled before standing up.

"Yeah?" I sat up, watching as his eyes never left my body. "Race you to the water!" He laughed before taking off towards the ocean. I got up and ran after him, the water splashing as I entered the ocean.

"I beat you!" Buck laughed, his hands finding my waist. "Not fair! You had a head start." I said, shaking my head at him. He pulled me close to his body and kissed my cheek. "You'll get over it." He said, moving deeper into the water.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said, looking out at the horizon.

"Have at it." He nodded. "Why me? I mean I'm glad it's me but why?" I asked.

I always wondered. Buck had Taylor when I first moved to LA. They seemed to have been doing well, according to everyone else. Yet here he was with me..? He had a well-known, news caster girl who is much better looking than me. But here he is married to me, a nobody, grief-ridden girl who was/is a teenaged mother and covers herself in tattoos because she hates the way she looks.

"Because you're Alissa. You're perfect to me and I never get tired of you. Because you're not Taylor and I know that in your head you're comparing yourself to her." He said, turning his head to look at me. He moved his hands to my face. "Baby this is forever. I meant what I said at the wedding."

————————————————————————

I stepped into the shower after returning from the beach, desperately needing to get the saltwater off my skin and out of my hair. I love the beach, but I hate the way the water dries out my skin.

"Lis!" I heard Buck yell from somewhere in the house. Before I could respond he bursted through the bathroom door. "Babe you have to try this drink." He said, sliding the shower curtain open. I shook my head before taking the glass from his hand and taking a small sip. My face scrunched at the strong taste of tequila.

"What you don't like it?" Buck laughed, taking the glass back from me. I shook my head, "I do not." I watched as he set the glass down on the sink. "Mind if I join baby?" He asked. I smirked and nodded.

He took no time to undress and step into the shower with me. "Alright. It's my turn to ask now." I turned around to face him. "Ask what?"

"Why me?" Buck repeated the question I asked him earlier in the day.

"I feel the deepest with and for you." I said.

"You had Eddie."

"You're not Eddie. That's why it's you. It's you because I have zero shield up when I'm with you. You make me a better person." I said, pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

Buck wrapped his arms around my waist. "Let's make a baby." He whispered in my ear. "That's all I've been thinking about since I woke up." I admitted, forcing my body closer to his. The water hitting our bodies just made the mood even better.

"Oh really?" He hummed against my neck, leaving love bites and kisses. "Mhm." I bit my bottom lip as his mouth ventured further down my body. "I love your body." He said, kissing over every inch of my body.

"And, every. Single. Mark. Tattoos and stretch marks. Even the small freckles." He let out in between kisses. Buck dropped to his knees, his face level with me. A breathy moan escaped my lips as he gently kissed my inner thighs. He was painfully close to where I needed him the most.

"Babe." I sighed out as his hands gripped my thighs. "I know." He said as he pushed a finger against me. I held my breath as he spread my legs apart, giving me exactly what I needed.

————————————————————————

"That was fun." Buck breathed out as he laid next to me. I grabbed my phone to check the time. "Not saying that we don't normally have good sex." I started to say.

"But that was extremely good sex." We both said at the same time, causing us to laugh.

"I'd say we definitely made a baby. There's no way we didn't." He said, wrapping an arm around me. My phone started ringing. Eddie's contact popped up.

I answered the FaceTime, making sure the point the camera upwards. "Alissa?" Eddie's voice echoed through the phone, he pointed at my neck. "Oh shit." I laughed. Buck's hands immediately finding their way to my neck, covering the hickeys from the camera.

"Bad time? I can call back later?" Eddie asked. "No, it's all good. Is everything okay?" I said, slightly worried as Evie was staying with Eddie while we were on our honeymoon.

"Miss Evie just missed her parents and wanted to say hi." He spoke, turning his phone to face Evie. She was sitting at the table with a plate of strawberries and raspberries in front of her. "Hi babygirl! Whatcha got there?" Buck smiled at her.

"Dada! Where mama?" She said, raising her tiny arms into the air. "I'm right here sweet girl." I said, watching as she smiled.

"I got berries!" She giggled, picking up a strawberry and showing it to us. "Uncle Eddie got you hooked up." I said, smiling at my daughter.

"Okay Evie, say bye bye to mommy and daddy." Eddie said, waving at us. "Bye babygirl! We love you." Buck said, blowing kisses at the phone.

"Bye dada! Bye mama!" Evie waved, her lip starting to quiver as if she was about to cry. Before she could start, Buck pressed the end button.

"It's our honeymoon, I don't want to watch my little girl cry." He shrugged, pulling me closer to him.

His lips quickly found mine, Buck gripping my bare waist as he kissed me deeply.