EPISODE ONE

AFRICAN PROBERB
A child who pays respect to the elderly, will live long enough to eat the fruit of his labour
.
.
.
.

JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (NEW YORK CITY)

DESTINY
Finally, we are now in the united states, the place we've dreamt of going for like forever (she smiles as she and her brothers alongside their mom come out of the airport)

BRANDON (Destiny's immediate younger brother)
I can't believe we are no longer in Nigeria (they all all nodded in agreement)

MRS CHIMEZIE(their mom)
let's wait for aunt Chichi, she'll be here very soon

DESTINY
Breath in that fresh air. it's as if Nigeria air and the united states air are different .

DEXTER(Brandon's twin brother)
Of course. Nigeria own is full of dust (Everyone laughed)

****************************************************
MISS CHINOYERE'S RESIDENCE (NEW YORK CITY)

MISS CHINOYERE
(grabs her car keys which were on the table) Happiness, would you like to follow me, so we can pick your cousins and aunt up at the airport?

HAPPINESS
No mother (gets up from the couch) I'm not in the mood

MISS CHINOYERE
Okay darling (starts walking to the front door) take care of yourself and your grandma

HAPPINESS
Grandma can take care of herself (leaves the parlour)

MISS CHINOYERE
I'll be back mom (she smiles and kisses her on the cheek)

MRS ANOKWURU (MISS CHINOYERE'S MOM)
Okay. can't wait to see my grandchildren and my daughter (she wears a bright smile on her face then miss chinoyere walks out the front door)

JOHN F. KENNEDY AIRPORT (NEW YORK CITY)

MRS CHIMEZIE
Where is aunty na?

DEXTER
Mommy don't stress yourself. She will come and...(he was interrupted by Destiny)

DESTINY
See aunty chichi! (she screams and drags her luggage towards her aunt)

MRS CHIMEZIE
Why did you waste time na?

MISS CHINOYERE
Sorry, there was traffic. You guys should get in so you can rest. Grandma can't wait to see you guys (Everyone gets into the car and they started their journey to her house)

MISS CHINOYERE'S RESIDENCE(NEW YORK CITY)

Happiness is in the living room with her grandma

HAPPINESS
Why are they even coming here? why can't they find their own house and that ugly Destiny is coming here

MRS ANOKWURU
Can you shutup. For once, learn to be nice and act well. Stop this your stupid attitude also, Destiny isn't ugly; remember what Obieze said.

HAPPINESS
"You think you are beautiful? Let me show you Destiny's picture so you will know what beauty is" (she reminisces what her senior cousin Obieze told her)
For once Grandma, can you mind your business? it's not like I was talking to you. I just hate you (she gets up and runs to her room)

THE DOOR OPENS

MRS CHIMEZIE
Mommy (She goes to hug her mom) mommy I've missed you so much, you don't know how much (she kisses her on the cheek)