𝟎𝟏𝟎 ✧ BEST FRIENDS IN LOVE, P1

─────  ⨾  𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄requested by assyrtiko

───── ⨾  𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
requested by assyrtiko

ARTIST ♡ Kris Guštin
WARNINGS ♡ None
SYNOPSIS ♡ Alyza and Kris are in love with one another and Kris finally has a plan to ask her out.

    FALLING IN LOVE with your best friend was never easy, but when it was your best friend ever since childhood, that's where it'd get the most complicated. Alyza had found herself going down that path because of the obvious romantic feelings she held for Kris Guštin, the guy she grew up with and spent the most time with. She could never keep herself calm around him, no matter how hard she tried.

    A person would think that she would have mastered that by now, but it was the total opposite. The more time she spent with him, the harder she fell. He was always so nice, so funny. He was the perfect guy in her eyes and it was obvious to everyone around her. He was always aware of the things she liked and didn't like, what she ordered from all of these different restaurants they'd go to, the types of songs she enjoyed.

    It made her heart beat faster when she'd seem him playing with his band, the way he looked so happy up on a stage. He was the most gentle person when it came to her and Alyza was beyond thankful for him. The two were always staying over at each other's places; watching movies, writing songs, just being in each other's presence.

    She would never be able to explain the sheer amount of joy that it gave her every day. He made her feel so lively, which never went unnoticed by him or their friends. She wasn't one who could keep these feelings to herself and so, her love for him was out in the open with each time they spent together, but she never thought that he would pick up on it.

    However, Kris had, but he didn't believe it at first. The phrase 'she fell first, but he fell' harder explained the situation perfectly. He hadn't realized his feelings for her until a couple years ago but he felt like they were stronger. He had never felt this type of way about anyone else before and he knew that his best friend was the only one for him. He thought about confessing a million times, but wanted the time to be right.

    He had felt like the time was right so many times but there had always been someone who got in the way; Bojan wanting Kris to come help with a song, Alyza's cousin needing relationship advice, her mom wanting to catch up with her. He had been determined to go through with it at some point though, nervous that someone else would come along.

    Kris was sat on his bed, strumming the guitar in his hands. He couldn't help but to think about Alyza and all the things he loved about her. She was the nicest person and he felt so honored to have her in his life. She had a tendency to check in on him to see how he was doing; physically, mentally, and emotionally. No one had ever really done that so he appreciated it.

    The way she would sometimes get shy around him and start blushing when he gave her a compliment, it was something he wanted to continue experiencing. She didn't keep her feelings a secret because she was not that great at it but he was much better at it, being able to stay calm around her if she did something cute.

    His thoughts led him down the path of thinking about when he could tell her that he loved her. His band was getting ready for Eurovision, having to leave for the Pre-Parties in a week. An idea popped into his brain and he texted the band about it, not wanting to surprise them with anything and running it by them.

    Kris wanted to take Alyza with them to the Pre-Parties and to Liverpool, maybe asking her to be his girlfriend before then. He still needed to work out some details but the guys were quick to green light the idea.

    He stood up and slipped on his shoes, needing to go and talk with Alyza's cousin who was almost like a sister to her, the two girls were just that close. If anyone was going to let him know what Alyza would think, it would be her cousin.

    The Slovenian texted her before leaving the house, a smile on his features and hope for the future. He was counting down the days until his plan could officially go into motion.

 He was counting down the days until his plan could officially go into motion