Ch. 1 "Benny"

Y/N's POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

beep. beep. beep. I woke up in a jolt, hastily looking towards my alarm clock. 7:53 it read. Shit. I got out of bed, and ran to my closet in a hurry. As if there was a masked killer chasing me. Almost like "Scream". I love that movie. Reminder: watch "Scream" after school....... If I don't have detention for being tardy.

As I made a mental note to watch "Scream", I was also doing my hair. Styling it to my liking. Just because I'm going to be late doesn't mean I have to look gross. I then put on my clothes that I picked out from my closet.

 I then put on my clothes that I picked out from my closet

your outfit. You don't have to wear it, because I know we all have different styles, but feel free to wear this. Then, of course your hair type, and skin tone 😊

As soon as I was done getting ready for the 8 hours of tremendous torture, I got on my f/c bike, and rode to school.

As I was parking my bike, I saw one of the worst people on planet earth. Benny Rodriguez. An annoying, disgusting, horrible, narcissistic person.
As I was walking up to school, which I had been tremendously late for, Benny stopped me.

"What are you doing?" I asked already irritated of his presence. "Nothin' much. Just wanted to see how gross you looked today. Ha. Gross." He replied with a shrug and a smug smirk. His little "boy-band" behind him were giggling like a bunch of little girls. I looked at him with an almost amused face. That was the absolute worst "comeback" in history. "Real easy for you to say, Rodriguez. Your ego is almost as big as your forehead. Which is saying a lot, by the way" I said then walked off to my first class.

Time Skip brought to you by Hercules
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sneaked into the class before our teacher closed the door. I was halfway to my desk, when I heard, "Miss l/n. You're late. Again." My least favorite teacher, Mrs. Franny said to me. I physically winced. "I know, Mrs. Franny. I promise it won't happen again." I tried to assure her, even though I had told her that a million times. "y/n, you've told me that a million times."

"....yes ma'am, I know" I said in defeat, knowing I was going to get detention. "Sit down y/n, and we'll talk about consequences after class" I was surprised that she didn't give me detention on the spot. I looked at her with a questioning look, and a hopeful smile. She looked at me with a disappointed look, making my smile drop.

I made my way to my desk, which was by my best friend, Katie. I used to be in a whole friend group, but Katie and I just kind of, I don't know, left? We're all still on good terms, from what I can remember. We don't talk much though, maybe a quick "hi" and wave in the hallway occasionally, but that's pretty much it.

"Jeez, what happened? Did you sleep in again? I told you to train yourself to wake up at 7:00. Did you not listen to me? Wow, unbelievable." Katie immediately said as I sat down. "God, Katie. Good morning to you too" I said with a chuckle. "If you must know, yes, I slept in. But I have been training myself to wake up earlier" I said holding my hand up in defeat. God, I need a manicure. Reminder: schedule a mani-pedi for tomorrow.

"-ello? y/n! You good?" She said snapping her fingers in front of me. "Gosh Katie, thanks for interrupting my fantasy of getting a mani-pedi" I said sarcastically. "Whatever, also, I don't believe you about the 'training yourself to wake up earlier' thing." She said with a smile. "I have!" I said I little too loud. "Miss y/n, is there something you would like to share with the class?" Our teacher asked. "Uh- no ma'am, sorry" I said, then quickly went back to my conversation with Katie. "I have!" I said in a whisper. She just raised and eyebrow, and laughed.

I laughed too, and went on to learning about boring history. Which was incredibly hard. So, I didn't. Instead, I started counting how many stripes Mrs. Franny had on her blouse. Which, by the way, was incredibly ugly. I counted 7, then cringed in regret of deciding to count them. Great, I'm going to be anxious the whole day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking to lunch with Katie, I saw the SECOND worst person on planet earth. Jenny. "y/n! Katie! Wow.... Did you guys intentionally decide to wear those disgusting shoes?" She asked with a fake smile. "Jenny! Hey! Did you intentionally decide to be the ugliest thing on earth?" I asked with a sarcastic smile. Her smile immediately dropped. "Whatever...." I heard her mumble. Then, Katie and I went our way to our lunch table.

As we were walking, I spoke up. "Ugh, can you believe Mrs. Franny gave me detention for Saturday, and Sunday?" I groaned. "I know! You've only been late three times this entire school year. That's really not fair." She said looking at me with annoyance. "Plus, I was going to go shopping at the mall with you on Saturday...." She said more to her self, sitting down at our table.

"Ew, what is this even supposed to be?" I asked, gesturing to our tray. "I..... don't even know" Katie replied. "Whatever, it looks fattening, I'll just drink my water." I said, with a shrug. I opened my water and started drinking, when I glanced over to Katie who was about to open a Dr. Pepper. I spit all of my water out. "Katie! That has too much sugar! You're going to break out!" I implied with a look that said 'you should already know this'.

"y/nnn.... Please! Just one sip, then I'll throw it away." She begged. "No. I'm saving you from a future of zits." I replied taking her Dr. Pepper away, and stuffing it in my bag. "Thank me later" I said zipping my backpack up. She looked between me, and the backpack a couple times, then sat back, and pouted. "Aw, cmon Katie. Y'know I didn't mean any harm" I said putting my arm around her shoulder. "I can see it Katie. We're going to be super models in the future. Me and you. We'll be on the cover of magazines, and be making millions." I looked at her with a smile. "Then, we'll live in a mansion together. Just the two of us." I continued. "We'll be labeled 'The Hottest Girls Alive'. Then date boys who are labeled 'The Hottest Guys Alive'. Just imagine it Katie"

"I can see it already" she said with a smile back. Just then, the bell rang, and we made our way to 5th period.

Reminder: be a supermodel in the future. With Katie.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for checking this story out! I'm also very sorry about the short chapter, and I assure you, I'll be making longer ones in the future. I decided to start this book because school is almost out for the summer, and why not start a book to keep me busy and occupied? Anyways, thank you again for checking this book out, it really means a lot to me, this being my first book and all. Bye bubs'!

1255 words