Chapter One: The Bounty

Chapter One
The Bounty

The cosmos was radiating with the quiet residue of starlight as the razor crest made its way through the vast galaxy, moving at perilous speeds. The Guardians of Galaxy were making their way through the outer rim, on a mission to do good for the universe. Din Djarin was at the cockpit, navigating the treacherous plains of the galaxy with his band of misfits at his side. His gloved fingers were fiddling with the control pad, tapping along to the music blasting from his cassette tape. The sound of "Space Junk by Wang Chung" filling his ears with ecstasy. Music held a special place in the Mandalorian's heart. It was a part of him that he couldn't live without. The only piece of joy he had left that he took with him after his home planet had fallen, when he lost everything.

It is full of space junk
But your words are coming through
I'm riding on the space junk
And it's bringing me to you
Bringing me to you

Before all of the adventure and heroism, he was once a boy. A boy who lived in content peace in his home planet of Aq Vetina, a place where music was in the hearts of his people. It was a part of his upbringing. His parents taught him the power of music and how it could bring prosperity to a faraway galaxy. Then tragedy struck. His home was ravaged by an attack from separatist battle droids during the clone wars and he lost everything. He lost his parents and everything he held dear. He was left alone in the wreckage of war, his very life doomed before it could even begin. At the mercy of the droid, he thought for sure he was going to die. Then out of the shadows, Boba Fett and his band of mercenaries arrived on the planet and rescued him from certain death. He was a boy who was lost in fear and hopelessness. Boba taught him to be brave.

The bounty hunter raised him as his foundling in the sands of Tatooine where he learned the ways of Mandalorian culture. He became a formidable and capable fighter in his field under Boba's guiding hand, and eventually he would be gifted with his own armour. He served under his criminal empire, instrumental in helping him dethrone Bib Fortuna and take his place as he became the fearless daimyo of Mos Espa. Even though he felt honoured to serve the man who raised him, he wanted to forge his own path. So he ventured out into the galaxy to make a name of himself as a bounty hunter. He gave himself a fearless reputation, traveling through countless planets, collecting bounties and getting paid as any Mandalorian making his way through the galaxy would.

Everywhere he went, he would carry around his treasured walkman, listening to the simple melodies his parents taught him. It brought him comfort, hope and joy to his rather lonesome mind. His life would change forever when he encountered new allies on his travels - the exiled princess Bo Katan, the Mandalorian with a vengeance Paz Vizsla, former Ugnaught slave turned bounty hunter Kuill and his droid companion IG-11. He would form a truce with this misfits to become the Guardians of The Galaxy. They were the unlikeliest of company he had expected, but they gave him something he had been desperately longing for in his travels - family and companionship. He had people who had his back on every wrong turn. No matter how much they fought, they were still united strong together.

They would become famed across the galaxy for their heroic efforts in helping Boba Fett and his crew free Tatooine from the Pym Syndicate, stopping a war for power and control before it even begun. Now, Din led the Guardians through the treacherous plains of space, with one goal in mind. They were living off the success of the bounty hunting business they had built and they wanted missions that could not only bring meaning to their lives but make a difference to the universe. Din wanted to protect those in need from imperial forces or any threat that wanted to cause harm. He wanted the galaxy to be a safe place for all.

A sudden knock at the cockpit brought Din back to his senses as he turned around to see Bo Katan leaning against the doorway, unloading a blaster in her hands.
"Djarin, I need you to give us a debriefing of the mission. I'm tired of being left in the dark."