"Rainy days aren't happy days."

"Rainy days aren't happy days." they say, yet.. some will experience the best moment of their life.

in the rain.

Droplets of water start to form from the now dark sky, the grey clouds colliding with eachother as it slowly releases each droplet one by one, now multiplying.

The rain isn't much of a happy day, for it will never shine any light, nor is it a good day to have a walk.

It's not like sunny days, which is all happy and bright.

but.

It's calming, soothing, and peaceful.. somehow.

It is pleasant to hear as you sit down and listen..

to the water pouring outside.

Though not all rainy days are happy but neither are they always sad.

Some people like to dance and shower in the rain, even though it may get them sick.

-December 28, 19XX-
(Again, it isn't specified when exactly the war ended, so I will type a random date to better suit the oneshot.)

The war between humans and demons have now subsided, the demon king finally defeated after centuries of being unable to kill him. Many..sacrifices had to be done, but all of them were not in vain.

"Today marks the final pillar meeting." The son of their departed leader, Kiriya Ubuyashiki has spoken, declaring the final meeting.

"Thank you for coming, Sanemi , Giyuu. You two are the only standing hashiras left in the corps, and many of the other members died, including some of our beloved hashiras."

"But all your sacrifices has lead us to completely get rid of the demons."

"Thus, the Demon Slayer Corps is disbanded today."

The two hashiras nodded at the statement. "Understood."

"With your bravery, and strength to defeat the demons, we, the Ubuyashiki family.." Kiriya, and his two other sisters bowed their heads, thanking the two hashiras. "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

"Please raise your heads!" Giyuu shouted out, looking at them.

"You don't need to say thank you!" Sanemi added in, also looking at the three other people.

The Ubuyashikis all raise their heads, tears forming from the corner of their eyes.

After a while, the final pillar meeting..ends.
Both of the hashiras leave the residence, and looked at eachother, smiling.

"It's finally over.." Giyuu said quietly, before looking at the ground, a soft expression on his face.

"Yeah. Hopefuly none of those little fuckers are still out there, because i'm too tired for that bullshit." Sanemi added a soft chuckle after that, smiling while doing so.

"Since our duties are over, everyone is safe from harm, no more demons.. What are you going to do now?" Giyuu asked, a curious expression on his face, waiting for the other male's response.

"I'm not quite sure, to be honest." Sanemi said, looking up at the bright sky, as it slowly gets surrounded by grey clouds.

Little droplets drop one by one, falling out of the sky.

"It's about to rain soon. you should probably go home." He said, a bit worried for the raven-haired male.

"Don't worry about me, I love the rain." He replied, chuckling softly.

"What do you mean by that?" Sanemi asked, a bit confused as he processed his words.

"I'll show you." He said excitedly, and held Sanemi's hand in his, squeezing it lightly as he started to take steps forward.

"Wait a second!-" He said, starting to follow Giyuu from behind, having to run to catch up to him. "Where are we going?" He asked, looking from side to side, curious to know where they are going since the rain is getting heavier.

"It's a suprise!" Giyuu said, finally stopping as he let go of Sanemi's hand, and crouched down to two big bushes, and started to crawl in them.

"What- Tomioka?.." He just stared at him, a bit confused. But he just brushed it off, and followed him.

"Come on!" Giyuu excitedly said, before going into an open area, a beautiful scenery, currently covered with droplets of rain. Sanemi stared, looking around the scenery as lush green surrounds them. Just as he was about to get lost in thought, Giyuu grabbed his hand and started to lead him into the much open area, where the rain mainly dropped in.

"Isn't it so beautiful?.." He looked around, and started to spin around, constantly making twists and turns, supposedly dancing.  In the rain. He stops for a moment, gesturing for Sanemi to join.

It wasn't like Sanemi to just randomly dance in the rain with someone, but it is odd, as he accepted the offer, and started to dance too.

Giyuu held both of Sanemi's hands in his, spinning themselves around, chuckling softly as the rain completely drenches them, but they didn't give a single care in the world.

It was just them, and the rain. How peaceful. They could finally be carefree and go around as much as they want, without caring about demons, or any other beings. It's just them.

Dancing in the rain is quite like a silly idea, isn't it? Well not for these two, atleast. Happily dancing in the rain. How.. nice.

sadly, not all happy moments last for a while.