Chapter 0: Child of the Moon (Pt. 2)

CHAPTER 0

CHILD OF THE MOON

EPISODE 2. DARDAN AND HIS ARMY

It was late at night when Seth Van Lupine, who is the Third Prince of the Lycan Kingdom, came dashing through the doors of his niece's quarters. He was given specific orders by his eldest brother, Crown Prince Abel, who is fighting against the vampire army of Dardan right by the Silver Bridge that connects the Lycan and Vampire Kingdoms, to protect the heir, his niece and the last hope of their people. But the second he got to Princess Ayla's quarters, he panicked and froze in his spot when seeing Dardan by the foot of his niece's bed.

"Y-you!" He stuttered as he took his sword and pointed it at the blonde vampire, "Stay away from the princess!"

Dardan smirked and looked at the brown-haired prince before saying, "Shh, can't you see how the young Princess is peacefully asleep? You wouldn't want her to wake up and see a bloodbath in her room, right?"

The Third Prince gritted his teeth as he wrapped his hands tightly around the hilt of his sword.

"Dardan, you're here for the Lycan Blood," Prince Seth spoke while his heart was beating fast due to worry and panic, "So take mine. Leave the Princess alone."

"Hmm... Sounds tempting, but you see, the Ancient Wolf God's blood runs through the Princess's veins. That's why I must decline your offer."

Then Dardan turned to look at the six-year-old and was about to launch forward but a bright light appeared from Ayla's chest, blinding the blonde vampire and sending him backwards to the other side of her room. Prince Seth sighed in relief when the charm he placed on her earlier that day at the Greenhouse worked. The light died down and immediately the Third Prince ran forward to the bed. He tried to wake his niece up but something was off.

Princess Ayla's skin was burning hot.

"Ay-aylee? Can you hear me? Please wake up!" Seth asked, his voice shaking in even more worry.

Then Ayla's eyes opened but it wasn't her usual golden brown eyes looking back at him. It was a dark, electric blue and it sent shivers down the Third Prince's body.

"Aylee? Princess? Your eyes-" But he stopped mid-sentence.

"There isn't much time, Uncle Seth," Ayla said, cutting him off, her voice low and calm, "Mommy and Daddy are in pain. I can feel it. Everyone is in pain."

Prince Seth knew that there was something special about his young niece. But he never thought she'd have the Gift of Empathy, just like Luna Diane. He didn't bother to say anything else and just nodded his head. He helped Ayla out of her quarters and made sure Dardan was still down. Then he picked Ayla up into his arms and the Lycan Warriors who accompanied him and stayed guard outside the young princess's quarters followed right behind him.

"Uncle, we must help my parents," Ayla's voice echoed through the hallways of the palace.

"I know that you're worried about them, Aylee, but your father gave me strict orders to get you out of here safely," the Third Prince said, gently.

Ayla understood but she could feel every part of pain her parents were in, and it scared her terribly. She started to think of ways to get her uncle to change his mind, and the only thing she can think of is using her other gift.

"I... I am sorry, Uncle Seth," the young princess spoke up and then a strange energy emerged out of Ayla and into her uncle and the Lycan Warriors behind them, "But I have to see and help my Mommy and Daddy."