The Morning After

*Ding dong bing bong*

"Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Goooooodmorning everyone! Look's like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!"

*crackkkle*

   You let out a quiet groan, rolling over under the blankets of the bed and blinking open your eyes. It was only the second morning and you had already gotten sick of hearing Monokuma's morning announcement. 

  Squeezing your eyes shut, you rolled over again to your original position, holding the edge of the blanket over your face. You had to admit, whatever this was smelled good. It was like someone had just washed the bedding, with the perfect scent of detergent. 

Your brows furrowed. No, it didn't smell like detergent. It smelled more like cologne. And it was a good smelling cologne, not too strong and not too weak. It was oddly familiar, like you had spent years around the scent. It swept a strange calmness over you, and you welcomed it with a smile playing on your lips.

Suddenly, an arm wrapped around your waist, pulling your body closer to them. Your eyes shot open, only to come face to face with a sleeping Fuyuhiko. This was the first time you had seen him without some kind of scowl or disappointed expression, and it was also the first time you had seen him without the entirety of his suit's attire. He was down to his white dress shirt, the top few buttons undone and his tie loosely wrapped around his collar, nearly falling off of him as he adjusted himself to rest his chin on the top of your head.

Your eyes shot around the room, trying to look anywhere except his bare chest. You had to find a way to get up without waking him. You took a deep breath, taking a moment to raise your arm and grab his hand, lifting it off of your waist slowly before resting it between the two of you on the bedding. 

You froze for a moment, a low and quiet groan leaving Fuyuhiko as he adjusted himself, luckily keeping his arm on the bed.

But, he was still resting his head on top of yours. You lifted your hips, in hopes to make this an easier manoeuvre as you moved your head away from his, earning yourself a groan from the boy as he knitted his brows together and moved his head further down the pillow.

And with that, you slipped out of his hold, standing up from the bed.

"Hmm..." you hummed, looking around the room before making your way over to a full-size mirror on one of the walls.

Examining yourself, you let out a sigh. You had apparently discarded your hoodie at some point, and apparently your skirt, shoes, and tights as well because you were instead wearing a rather oversized dress shirt and oversized shorts.

You rolled up the sleeve of the shirt, running your fingers across your graze wound and sucking in a breath as pain seared through your arm. It wasn't as bad as usual, so at least it was healing.

Pressing your lips together, you rolled the sleeve back down and glanced at the boy from the mirror. He was sleeping soundly, sprawled out across the bed as soft and quiet snores left his body.

And as you had been gazing at the boy from your place in the mirror, you remembered what had happened the night before.

---

"You need to get some sleep," You murmured, blinking slowly at the droopy-eyed boy. "You're tired. Go back to your cottage."

The blonde boy had stayed beside you since he stopped you from the attempted murder, refusing to leave. The rain had kept falling and was currently still doing so.