22-{It does matter!🥺}

Arshita's Pov

There are so many things in life we can't explain. Often times things happen for a reason and we are forced to deal with the outcome. There are people I think about everyday who are no longer present in my life. Simply due to choices made by me or even themselves, I must grow to accept the reality that I was reason those people aren't with me now and that I should move on. I know how much I try to smile and keep my head up, but there is hurt and pain underneath but I try to keep going because I know that someday it'll get better. Because I know somehow that I'm not perfect, I've made terrible mistakes in the past.

But I believe that everyone had the opportunity to change things and make a positive difference and so I beat myself up everyday to make it all just a little bit better than before, I try my best to get back what I've lost but sometimes I feel like my best is not good enough, but I believe in keep going because somehow, someday....it might get better!

"Coffee time Arshu!" The voice broke my thoughts away and I smiled slightly turning over my shoulder as I saw my dad coming out of the kitchen with two coffee mugs in his hand, he came and sat on the sofa opposite to me while placing one of the mugs in front of me and holding one for himself.

"Thank you!" I said slowly picking up the mug and dad smiled at me as we both took a sip from our cups while looking at each other, because there had been times when I still couldn't believe that I'd actually found my dad after all these years and that I been staying with him for the past three months ever since my life had went tangling because of everything that had happened, because of just a game. The silly pretend game!

It had been three months since I'd seen anyone of them, I just didn't know how to reach out to anyone of them and face them after wrecking all our lives...Ishan had made sure that he didn't wanted to continue any kind of frienship with either of us, Shriya had obviously ran away from everyone around because of what we'd done to her, Abhishek had been left alone after I'd actually succeeded in making him regret ever leaving me in the first place and now I was the one regretting doing so ever.

And as for Shubman, no one knew where he was. He'd told Rishabh for one last time that he didn't had anymore power to be around us anymore, that he was too broken to even be touched or he would break and shatter into thousand tiny pieces like a delicate glass. I didn't even knew where he was at this point of time. All this time I wanted to reach out to him so badly but couldn't muster up the courage to even send a small text let alone call him. I knew he wanted me out of his life for good!

"So how's it going?" Dad suddenly asked me breaking the chain of my thoughts and I looked at him dumbfounded, "How's what going?" I asked confusedly and he gave me a look saying, "Talking to your friends again? It's really been three months Arshu!"

"That's exactly what I've been asking her to do" We heard someone say from behind and turned to find Rishabh and Ashi standing on the door. I gave them a small smile as the two of them came and settled down in the living room with us, "Right! But she just doesn't listen to anyone" Ashi said this time giving me a look and I just made a face while raising my hands up in surrender.

"I'm not gonna do anything like that okay guys! I know how much they all hate me for what I've done.....they all just want me out of their lives and I'm doing the best I can to stay away" I said while shaking my head while looking down at my hands and dad kept a hand on my shoulder making me look at him, as he spoke up, "Arshu! They don't hate you.....from all that I've heard from your story.... They all are just hurt and angry, because the things didn't go the way you all wanted them to! Yes it was your mistake to start that game for revenge but it was never your intention to break apart all of them! Specially the guy you actually love, if you don't ever talk to them, how would they even know that you've actually realised your mistake and that you want to make things right once again"