Chapter 27

The Paladins awoke, and quickly realised all was not right. There they were, captured, aboard Sendak's ship. A few feet away, Admiral Sanda was.

"Now what, guys?" Pidge asked. I watched so many people get killed out there. What do we do now?"

"I don't know, Pidge." Hunk said.

"I hope Rora is okay." she mumbled.

"She will be." Keith replied. "I promise."

Meanwhile, on Earth, Shiro spoke. "I have an idea. It's risky, but it could work. If we use all of our power on the Atlas, we might be able to get it up and working. We could take offence here."

Sam nodded. "Let's do it."

I hate writing action scenes so just watch the end of season 7 we can get back to drama.

Shiro found Kassy sat outside, cigarette in hand, leaning on Veronica.

"You told me you quit." he mumbled.

"Yeah. I did. But that was then, this is now. Congrats, by the way, on the TV show."

Shiro smiled softly. "You saw it, then?" he took a seat next to her. "I'm... I'm so sorry about Maeve."

She shrugged, standing up. "Why does it fucking matter? She's just another number in a statistic now."

"You know that's not true." Shiro placed a hand on her arm. "Sit down, Kassy. It's okay."

She sat down again. Veronica placed a hand on her back, gently rubbing. "It's okay, baby." she murmured to her. "She died in character, you can admit that."

Kassy sniffed. "If she was gonna go down, it would be fighting. I guess you're right." She took a long drag on her cigarette, holding it for a moment, before breathing out smoke.

Then, Hunk joined them, and sat with them. "Hey, guys."

"Hey, Hunk." Veronica said.

"I didn't know you were a smoker, Kassy."

"Yeah, neither did I." she replied.

"Um... if you ever need support... you can come to me." he said.

Kassy looked up at him. "I know you're torn up about this."

"Huh?"

"Hunk, I'm well aware how you felt about her. I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to say anything."

Hunk looked down. "Yeah, it's true. I... I wanted to wait until after the war was done. That was my little thing getting me through it, you know? Other than seeing my family, I wanted to... I just wanted to tell her how I felt."

"If it helps, she liked you too." Kassy mumbled. "She was always asking about you. I've never seen her like that with anyone."

There was silence for a few minutes, and Kassy coughed, standing up and putting her cigarette out.

"I'm getting food." she said. Veronica stood up.

"I'm coming."

The two wandered off, leaving Shiro and Hunk alone.

"I think she's good for her." Hunk said.

Shiro nodded slowly. "Yeah. They're a nice couple."

Hunk looked at his face, his expression unreadable. Then, he understood. "Hey. At least she's alive. At least she's in a happy relationship. That's better than what I'm working with."

Shiro smiled wryly. "Right." he stood up. "You wanna gather everyone up and grab a bite to eat?"

"Sure."