The Long Night Part Two

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    On the ramparts, Arya and Davos watch as Daenerys directs Drogon and Visierion to incinerate a swath of undead beyond the flaming trench. Some wights squirm and crawl out of the trench, engulfed in flames. Unsullied warriors march past Jorah, Beric, and the Hound, who fight to catch their breath. Beyond the wall of flame, the undead stand, motionless and staring. The Hound stares at the scene for a moment and then walks away. "Clegane," Beric called out. The wind whips through the godswood. Theon and Robb continue to guard Bran.

                    "They lit the trench. Bran...Robb, I just want you to know... I wish... The things I did," Theon said, but Bran interrupted him.

                    "Everything you did brought you where you are now. Where you belong, home," he said. Theon glances at Robb.

                    "You're here now. That's what matters," he said.

                    Theon weighs their words, "I'm going to go now," Bran said.

                    "Go where?" Theon and Robb asked, but Bran's eyes suddenly went white. A raven's eyes go white on a tree beyond the battlefield as Bran wargs into the bird. The ravens caw as they take flight from the tree toward the wall of fire. Drogon and Visierion spit forth a blaze of fire into the undead army just in front of the conspiracy of ravens. They fly past the battle beyond Winterfell and climb high into the dark sky. They hear the slow flaps of wings, then come upon the Night King riding the horrific legendary ice dragon made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal and vast translucent wings. It was far larger than any Valyrian dragon that ever existed. The Night King extends his hand in command, which crackles like freezing water.

                    Valen steps into the courtyard of Winterfell with Tormund when Visierion lands on the wall in front of her out of nowhere and leans down. Melisandre appears behind Valen, "It's time for you to play your part, young Stag. The God of Night and Terror has awoken his soul of Ice, and only you, a child of the last hero, can slay it," she explained. Before Valen can protest against the Red priestess's beliefs, the blades of her polearm catch a blaze suddenly, and Visierion roars. Valen goes to look at Melisandre, but she is gone. A look of determination appears on Valen's face as she walks to Visierion and climbs onto his back as the Stark army watches. Visierion lets out another mighty roar, then leaps into the sky and disappears into the clouds. Outside Winterfell, the undead army stands motionless behind the flaming trench. One wight steps calmly forward into the trench, falling forward. Then another joins him, and another still. They pile on top of one another at a quickening pace. On the ramparts, Davos watches as the undead sacrifice themselves, one by one. He realizes that they are forming a bridge of corpses. Other groups of undead tumble into the trench, building other pathways with their bodies. Arya and Davos watch silently. Dutifully, the wights fall like dominoes until they have spanned the trench.

                    "Man, the walls!" Davos yelled as the first wave of undead forged across the corpse bridge. In the courtyard, soldiers hustle to obey the command. Jaime looks up, then moves to action. Jorah grabs Sam and drags him toward the battle. Soldiers fire arrows at the approaching ghouls as the undead pour across the corpse bridges and set upon the walls.