009

little authors' note!
◤ hi, this is a slightly emotional chapter
that delves into deeper topics about
stress, death, love in friendship and
lingering along the idea of depression.
if you are going through anything,
feel free to message me. i'm here <3◢

CHAPTER NINE : SOLITARY.

RESUMPTION

RESUMPTION .

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

             AN EMPTY HOUSE ONLY BROUGHT CONTENT SPIRITS, YET the cluttered mess of her bedroom bothered Valentina as she piled her disregarded paint canvases to the side of her room; the painting she didn't care about. Her raspberry and cotton - candy scented body cream slathered over her body almost felt borderline sticky but she always put an excessive amount due to two reasons. One, her dry ass skin always needed an extra boost of moisture especially in the colder seasons otherwise she gets shamefully ashy. Two, the smell of her lotion was addictive to sniff like a creep. Best when she lay naked in her bed, listening to throwbacks from one direction.

      Valentina should be doing her English assignment yet here she was, laying and doing nothing.

     Its just-Everything felt so lacklustre compared to Vinnie's condo. That condo was something spectacular, each room was out of this world. The thought of studying should be blocking her decisions of laziness because in order to buy a place like that, she was ready to get down into a dirty amount of studying. Yet here she was, skipping one of the assignments to help her pass.

    Meanwhile, her house shook in the wind or what Valentina assumed was the strong wind, urging her to sit up. She didn't worry though, she'd already figured out that the house was basically comprised of straws and two wooden sticks. Candy and Valentina's mother bought this house together back in the 90's for a cheap amount so what did she expect. Not much.

Bursting through the room, Noelle failed to knock on the bedroom door, just surging straight through and placing her backpack onto her vanity table with a thump. Makeup products clanked onto the floor from the sudden movement, which is what caught Valentina's attention her connected headphones. She clutched at her chest from the frightening sight of Noelle in her long black coat that skimmed her ankles, resembling a Grim Reaper, so Valentina ripped her pink headphone off the top of her head, too panicked to even pause the music.

  "What did I say the last time you fucking broke into my house?"

"To tell you when I'm on my way. And well, I did that. I texted you. Maybe turn on your notifications and you won't think a robbery is happening." Noelle's smart mouth unnerved Valentina as she fixed her windswept hair whilst her mumbling continued. "One second out of the car and the wind makes my hair look like shit."