ELECTRICITY

CJ was getting ready in her room, on her own this time

CJ was getting ready in her room, on her own this time. She didn't ask Jules or Michael to come along with her. She wasn't sure why, but she kind of felt like going on her own - as if she was trying to convince herself that maybe the rush she felt came from hanging out with her friends. After she spoke with Luke at the party, she felt guilty about liking it.

She didn't want to like something that made the boy so angry.

The girl wore an all black outfit, figuring that would help her blend in more. Most people there wore black, so maybe if she did too he wouldn't notice her - no one would.

Boy was she wrong.

A knock on her door followed by her door opening caught her attention as she was grabbing her purse. Jules walked in, wearing her oldest set of pyjamas, her eyes widening as she saw her friend all dressed up.

"Woah, where are you going like that?" She chuckled, grabbing her hand and making her twirl. CJ giggled, almost tripping on her own feet.

"I'm going to the boxing club." CJ told her, knowing that her friend was definitely going to ask questions. She knew of the conversation she had with Luke and figured the girl would finally stop going after being confronted like that by a fighter.

"What? You're going back there even after what he said to you?" Jules asked, surprised. She always thought it wasn't so smart of her friend to keep going there. Now, knowing that even the fighter himself thought it was stupid - she felt her feelings were justified. And now she wanted to go alone? It was even worse.

"Yeah? I'm not going to see him, Jules. Plus, I won't be there long- I promise." She smiled at her friend, side hugging her quickly before stepping away. "I'll see you tonight!" She exclaimed, leaving their shared apartment before her friend could respond. CJ knew her friend was right - but she needed to see for herself.

She walked to the underground club in the dark street, her purse clutched to her side as she held it tightly. Soon enough she arrived, walking through the familiar building. The smell, the noise and the environment were all the same as the last time.

Though this time, she didn't feel the adrenaline right away.

Instead, she felt it when she stopped at a certain spot in the crowd, looking around her. She felt it when her eyes caught blue ones from across the room. CJ felt the electricity bubbling in her chest and a tingling in her fingers - confusing the hell out of her. There was no reason for her to feel this way.

Maybe it was because she had just been caught doing the one thing he asked her not to? Yeah, must be.

She looked away, trying to find the lineup for the night. If Luke was here, it most probably meant he was going to fight - so she wanted to know when and against who. The girl didn't find anything as she looked around and was abruptly interrupted by a strong hand grabbing her upper arm, making her turn around to face the tall person.