the realisation

hi there!! two chapter story dropping, way longer than the previous one as you can see. hope u guys enjoy🩷

April 2nd, 2023.

Athens, Greece.

To say it was plain surprise what she felt when Mikke called to announce he's taking her along with him to Liverpool earlier tonight would sound as ridiculous as one daring to say they don't like pizza, or traveling, or binge watching Friends on Netflix.

She actually had the whole neighbourhood hear her screaming at the top of her lungs without an ounce of shame whatsoever.

"WHAT THE FUCK MIK? WAIT SO YOU'RE TELLING ME HE AGREED? JUST LIKE THAT? NO QUESTIONS NO FROWNS NO NOTHING?" She impatiently went on to ask, not quite believing whether she was for real hearing all these or her brain was so rotten it made it all up, every single word. That'd be a potential scenario too, considering she wanted this to happen at least once in her life, probably more than getting married or having kids or anything of that sort. Mind played wicked games at times.

She could hear Mikke, her best friend from uni violently rolling his deep blue eyes on the other side and she was certain a smirk followed the intense eye roll to form on his lips.

"Jeez Eva get over yourself he's literally never given you the right to believe that he doesn't like you OR showed any signs of it. You're being absurd with that, you've known him for 6 years it's just the way he is." He explained for the millionth time and it was now Eva's turn to roll her eyes, clearing her throat at random times because of all the yelling her vocal cords had previously dealt with.

"You know what you just said literally screams 'he hates your guts but I ain't ever gonna come straight to your face and tell you' right?" She sarcastically pointed out and heard Mikke's long sigh loud and clear, deciding it was time to let it go, drop the issue.

It was his brother they were referring to after all.

Who by the way, would represent Finland in this year's Eurovision Song Contest, in case you didn't have the chance to figure.

Jere, was the actual name. Käärijä the stage one. Outgoing, loud but overall sensitive Jere, was picked by the Finnish public a month ago or so to give his all on stage in May and win the Eurovision trophy with the song "Cha Cha Cha" and for some reason she could clearly and easily grasp on, people were counting so blindly on him it almost felt touching and overwhelming even to her.

Even though she had absolutely nothing to do with Finland.

Eva, has known Mikke, Jere's brother, for six whole years and what's funny is that they've been best friends since the first week, give or take, they started hanging out. They met at uni, during the time she spent in Helsinki as an exchange student from Greece. The classmates instantly felt the connection and hit it off, their spirits intensely aligning from day one. Both found common ground quickly enough, making it easier for Mikke to waste no second before he introduced her to his family and friends and helped her become a consistent part of his daily routine, a big and important one, to say the least.

Now the case with Jere, has pretty much always been an issue, or at least that's what she had always had in mind cause according to both Mikke and Jere himself, she'd gotten the whole situation completely wrong.

Jere, frankly, may truly be the life of the party 9 out of 10 times that was a given, but that didn't necessarily mean he was forced or made a deal with god to maintain this exterior going 24/7. It was common sense he, as all humans do, had times where he allowed his true self to come out. His tenderness, his frail perspective on emotions and special occasions caused him to fall apart so many countless times and ended up bringing out a tougher, crueler approach on a lot of topics once in a while in order for him not to fully break into a million pieces once and for all.