bluebell eyes

"Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold

"Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold."
–Zelda Fitzgerald
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting dry swallowed by a giant frog definitely wasn't on your summer bucket list, but y=mx+b you guess.

It happened like this.

Right after Satotz warned everybody about the tricks of swindlers' swamp, a man-faced ape showed up, claiming to be the real examiner. The creepy clown- who you now know as Hisoka- ends up killing the imposter. Then you three proceeded to run for an hour in mud, through the fog, and ended up getting separated from the main group.

And so here you were, buried somewhere inside the frog's stomach lumped with Killua and Gon.

Fun right?

Just as you tensed up, getting ready to rip through the frogs guts, it suddenly heaved and barfed you out. And then it hopped away casually like nothing happened.

You three fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs, all reeking of vomit.

"Argh, it smells like crap!" You hissed, flicking the puke off your hands while still on top of them.

"You smell like crap," Killua muttered with disgust, though the twinge of pink on his cheeks said otherwise, "and get off me already."

You rolled off him and stood up to avoid sitting in the puddle.

Gon stuck out his tongue, "I guess it didn't like the taste of us..."

Killua then held up a can of Tonpa's soda, "It was because of this, though I could've easily escaped without it."

"Wow! You're amazing, Killua!" Gon said with his signature smile.

"As much as I hate to ruin your bromance moment, we're lost so we should hurry back to the main group." You prompted urgently, unwilling to fail the exam because of something as insignificant as this.

"Yeah..." Gon says, suddenly frowning, "I'm just still worried about Leorio and Kurapika."

The boy had expressed his worries earlier when his friends got left behind in the mist, even though they had shouted to him that they would be fine.

Killua narrows his eyes, "Gon, don't space out. Worry about yourself first." He stands and dusts off his pants, "If you don't hear them screaming, figure that they're alive."

You nodded in agreement. There was no need to worry about them. As of now, the most important thing was finding everybody else.

Besides, if they can't even handle this much then they would just end up being nuisances anyway.

The spiky haired boy said nothing as he stood and the albino gestured for them to follow.

"[Name], Gon, let's go."