💚🖤

Comeback had been... draining. That was the easiest word for it, Hyeongjun decided. Along with their usual music shows and interviews, endless practise sessions and meetings, photoshoots and late nights at the company, Hyeongjun had gotten sick. He had Enteritis. Even though he had wished for a break, staying home was almost worse. He listened to the others talk without him, spent his time alone staring at a wall. He had barely seen Jooyeon since he started staying home.

Of course, the younger vistited every chance he got, bringing with him all kinds of snacks and treats, but it wasn't enough for Hyeongjun. He missed Jooyeon a lot.

He also missed performing. He missed the rush of standing on stage in front of Villains, the way he knew watching their show was the highlight of their day. He loved his fans, and he regretted being unable to see them.

It wasn't something he could change though. That was out of his power. He also knew Villains would much prefer he stayed home and got better than pushing himself to perform when he wasn't well. They really cared for him, and he cared for them just as much (more in his opinion, but he would never start that argument).

He lay on his bed, stairing at the roof. Hyeongjun was alone, as usual. He was feeling a bit better, well enough for the others not to worry when they left each morning. He still took medication twice a day, not much could be done about that, but he was feeling alright.

He heard the dorm's front door open, someone stepping inside. He didn't bother calling out, whoever it was already knew he was there.

The door to his bedroom clicked open a few seconds later, a familiar face peering around the corner. "Hey, Hyeongjun, how are you doing?" Jooyeon asked, smile soft.

The older flushed slightly, pushing himself into a sitting position - or as much of a sitting position he could manage in a bunk bed. "Pretty good. I feel a lot better." After a moments hesitation, Hyeongjun asked, "why are you here? Don't you have work?"

Jooyeon chuckled, the sound not unlike bells, bringing more heat to the older's face. "I'm taking my lunch break here today. The others are all eating at the company, but I managed to slip away."

Hyeongjun's lips parted and his eyes widened ever so slightly. Jooyeon thought he looked like a fish... an extremely cute fish. "You walked all the way here just for your lunch break? Why?"

Even though he expected this question, Jooyeon felt caught off guard. It was his turn to blush. He never liked blushing, but it was something he couldn't control around the older. "I..." he trailed off, suddenly feeling silly. "I figured we could call this our first date?" He said it like a question, raising the hand still behind the door to reveal a plastic bag of food and, to Hyeongjun's surprise, a small bouquet of flowers. "It's not the best and I understand if you would rather wait until you feel better. I can't even stay that long. Ah, sorry, this wasn't as good of an idea as I-"

"Don't even finish that sentence!" Hyeongjun pushed himself out of bed, making his way across the room to the younger. "I love it," he felt like exploding just saying that, but it was true. He did love it a lot. He didn't really talk about it much - being closeted, he naturally tried to avoid any conversations revolving around dating or girls - but he had always wanted to go on a date like that. A date where he and his partner would just stay in and talk and eat nice food. He wasn't as keen on the idea of going somewhere busy with lots of people. Perhaps that was his introverted side talking?