eleven

"Ah!" Kyungsoo hisses when he hit his injured hand on the sharp edge of the table, cradling his arm as he tries to ignore the pain by sucking air through his teeth. The man sleeping on the chair next to him sat up almost violently and looks around only to settle his gaze on Kyungsoo who's semi-crouching down from the unbearable pain.

"Kyungsoo!" He yells before going by his side and helping him to stand up. He winced when he sees the blood soaked in the bandages.

"Are you okay? Do you—do you want me to call someone?" Hyunsik says, eyes darting over Kyungsoo and the door, contemplating if he should leave the room and yell until someone comes over.

"It's just a cut." Kyungsoo answers, rolling his eyes at the latter. He picks up his phone on the table with his good hand and attempts to move towards the door when Hyunsik grabs his arm.

"Where are you going? Baekhyun will be here any minute now." Hyunsik says, looking over the text message from the said male before glancing back up at him worriedly.

Kyunsoo smiles and nods his head. "I know. I just—I need to go home. Jongin's waiting for me."

The lie rolls off his tongue fluently, trying his very best not to grimace at the crazy thought of Jongin waiting for him at the porch, looking as if he hasn't slept at all. It will forever be a lie. Hyunsik looks at him quizzically. "Jongin?"

"My husband." Kyungsoo answers.

He missed the way Hyunsik's face paled. "Oh! I—I didn't know that you were, um, married. That's—that's great! I'm happy for you, Kyungsoo."

He smiles timidly. "Thanks."

"I could give you a ride?" Hyunsik offers when he's just about to open the door, pale hands gripping the cold metal. "I mean, you're—you're injured and—it would really be hard to drive because it's dark and.."

"I'm taking a cab."

Hyunsik nods solemnly and turns around, trying to distract himself by arranging the fruits on the table. He laughs awkwardly and looks back at Kyungsoo who was staring at him. "What?"

"Okay, nerd. Drive me home." Kyungsoo says, smiling when Hyunsik quickly grabs his keys.

-