1.1 The Result

"This can't be right, there has to be something wrong...",Kia cried out loud.
"Unfortunately no, we checked multiple times, it seems you don't have a soulmate..."
Kia couldn't believe it. Since she was a child she dreamt of soulmates and picnic dates , her future wedding , her children's names. And now it was all gone.
"Okay", she slowly stood up. "I'm going to head home"
Dr Phanindra gave her a warm and gentle smile, but did not make any approach to stop her.
"Tell Rosanne I said Hello"
She walked past the waiting room. She didn't even give Tanel a last look as she ran out the door.
•••
"You are who?" , Rosanne gasped . Next to her Kias mother shook her head," are you sure?"
"Yes I am, they checked multiple times"
"Let them check again! I just know that something is wrong here!"
"Anaïs", Rosanne tried to calm her , " I think you should believe her.."
"But we're gonna be grandchildless", Anaïs laughed.
Kia was confused. How could her mother laugh in such a situation?
Rosanne smiled calmly ," Lilith had many children, she's the Mother of demons and she is known as Bride of Lucifer"
" But she and Lucifer also didn't last, honey, Kia, that means none of your relationships will ever last!"
Anaïs looked at Kia with wide eyes.
"I don't really have a big problem with that", she replied." At least I know there is one other relationship to come"
She sighted. How should she ever start a relationship again, if she already knows it won't last?
She sighted again. Deeper .
Anaïs ran her hand through Kias hair. "It'll be okay", she said."Just you wait."
With a forced smile , Kia stood up and shambled into her room.This was all to much for her.
Since her childhood she dreamt of living on a white ranch with a husband and three children.Preferably with a Dog . A Golden Retriever named Holly, after her Grandma. Or would it be better to name a child after her grandma? It doesn't matter because
sadly, not all dreams come true. Kia's biggest dream just seemed to dissolve into the air as she slowly lowered herself onto her bed and fell into a dreamless slumber.
—-
It was already late when he stumbled into his apartment. He knows that parties and drinking  won't solve any of his problems , but lately his life has been even more exhausting than usual.
He tossed his shoes down the hallway and himself onto the couch while he told his smart assistant to start his coffee machine. He hated all this technic but he must admit that it has become an irreplaceable part of his life.
And somehow he is glad to live in his modern Town.At least it's better than the snobby suburbans of his pathetic childhood. He forces himself to discard the memories,stand up and stumbled towards his balcony.He glanced over the sparkling city , the Skyscrapers and the cars. The fire of his lighter glowed and danced synchronously with the flashing lights of Dubai, as he lit his cigarette.The feeling of Nicotine pulsated trough his body. He took another hit and closed his eyes. after a long day of work ,stress, parties and transphobia , a cigarette was the only thing that could relax him. Cigarettes and caffeine .Right as he finished his thought , the coffee machine began beeping to notify him that his espresso has been completed.
He threw the zig off the balcony and retreated into his apartment to fetch his drink.
The radio reported another girl who claims she was Eva. The third this month, but none of them ever is. Everyone knows that Evas soul was cursed to never be found. Only Adam could find her. Could but most of them don't .Bunch of pricks.
All this soul talk made him crazy. Why does it even have this name? It's not even about souls, it more like the...storyline or soul-way? It's about different variations of the same canon event and soulmate. I guess the mate thing is the reason it has this horrendous name. He took a sip of his drink. And spilled it out right after . "FUCK." He held his lip as he angrily around. "Why is this not cooled down?", he asked annoyed. His voice assistant turned on:,,You didn't ask for  your preferred temperature"
Luca rolled his eyes. Of course he didn't. Even a dumb machine should know that burning hot coffee is no one's preferred temperature. His phone rang. Of course it rang NOW. Perfect fucking timing. ,,You're speaking with Mancini teamworks"
He pressed his lips, oh how he hated this name. His fathers name.