5 | ~ Ashkit ~

Ashkit over heard something from Leafpool, Daisy and his mother.

"They will have to get their apprentice names soon aren't they?" Said Bushleaf.

"Yes they will." Said Leafpool, "But I don't know Rainkit is ever going to be a Warrior. Nether is Ashkit."

Rage surged through his pelt. He'll prove them wrong! He can work as a warrior too! And so can Rainkit! He padded to his corner, next to Berrykit and went into peaceful slumber.

~ In his dream ~

"Ashkit!"

The kit suddenly opened his eyes, but to his surprise, he saw the cat introns of him. It was a she-cat with beautiful blue eyes.

"Hello, dear kit, and soon to be apprenticed." She said, "My name is Bluestar. And I shall be there when you need."

"I don't need help." Ashkit responded bitterly, "Especially from a dead cat."

Bluestar's whiskers twitched.

"I see you know who I am."

"I don't." Ashkit snapped back, "And I don't want to."

"But you do know." Bluestar said through a mew, "You are part of The Night."

"What in the StarClan is that?"

Bluestar only purred in amusement.

""Today is a great day for ThunderClan, as two kits from Bushleaf and Nightpelt are born.

But beware, of the weeping Ash and falling Rain."

And with that the ThunderClan leader faded away, with Ashkit struck in awe.

~ Back to reality ~

The kit, who still thought was in his sleep was surprised to see pitch black when he opened his eyes. He sensed Rainkit near. His deaf sister could be part of The Night. He wonders if she's ever going to hear any type of voice. Or she'll just be deaf for the rest of her life. And maybe become an elder at six moons. Or never leave the nursery. His destiny was not sure, and neither was he. Perhaps it's time to move on from kin.