Promise ring

❇ܻ⨍ᥣׁׅ֪υׁׅܻ⨍ܻ⨍❇

𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙴'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅:

I came home from work early to do some laundry with Ava.

I took my heels off at the door and changed into my Crocs, and hanged my jacket also putting my stuff on the couch.

I walked to the room Ava and I shared but, I didn't see her.

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦?

I decided to take a shower before looking for her again any longer.

Once I was done I realized that she wasn't home.

I went back to the room to change into some comfy clothes and clean up some dirty clothes while waiting for her.

As I was cleaning I found a big box under the bed.

'𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘢𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘹 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦'

I slid the box out from under the bed to look through it.

I found necklaces that were from Ava's mom.

I also found old photos of me and Ava back and high school and from 2 years ago.

Time really flew by.

I kept searching through it until I found a small red velvet box.

My favorite color.

I grabbed it and opened it finding the most beautiful ring I ever saw in my life.

𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦? 𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨? 𝘐𝘴 𝘈𝘷𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦?

I felt a smile crept up on my face.

I stood up off the floor sliding the ring on my finger to see how I'd look.

It fits perfectly.

I took the ring off and placed it back in the box then I heard the door beside my open.

It was Ava.

I looked at her and she noticed the box in my hand she was gonna say something but I accidentally cut her off.

"Is this for me?" I asked excitedly waiting for the answer I've been wanting to here.

"Yea" She simply replied.

"You don't even have to ask ofc I'll marry you" I said running up to her and hugged her tight.

She hugged back but broke the hug a few seconds after.

I looked at her. She had a calm expression on her face.

"Baby it's not a wedding ring." Ava said grabbing the box from my hand.

"Then what is it?" I asked frowning.

"It's a promise ring" She answered.

"Oh"

It's fine that it's a promise ring. The ring is beautiful but it looks too expensive to be a promise ring.

I just thought it was a wedding ring because me and Ava been together for 4-5 years now and our anniversary is in 2 months.

I've always wished to spend the rest of my life with Ava. I was hoping she wished the same.

"You didn't tell me you wanted to get married" Ava said.

"Did I have to?" I asked.

"Technically yes, you never brought it up not once" she replied.

"Ok but we've been together for so long"