Prologue

On the southern air temple, a long time ago, before the war had started. Two teenagers were protected, who enjoyed time together as powerful air benders who were always together, Aang and Niruh. Monk Gyatso would merely chuckle at them when they were acting silly during training. The monks intended to wed the two when they turned sixteen. They were unaware that a war would soon break out and Aang would learn what his future held. Aang, the Avatar, was the only one capable of putting an end to the conflict. When the Monks told him, he was still in denial. He found it difficult to accept. Niruh and Gyatso tried to comfort him. Niruh had learned of her fate, soon after Aang found out his, the same day she was told she was the Yi, the avatars only love who would stay by their side through anything. Gyatso had tried to talk to her about it but she was too shocked to have any thought about it. That, however, was unable to stop what the monks had in mind for Aang. When he heard them, he and Niruh immediately fled, as they were about to transfer him to a sister temple. Niruh had mounted her bison Akiri while Aang got onto Appa, the two ran together, leaving their home behind, not knowing what was about to happen. Akiri and Appa, however, had fallen from the night sky, and they had become trapped in the storm. Lightning was the only source of illumination that Aang and Niruh had, giving the sky an unsettling appearance of daylight. The last thing Niruh remembered was Aang holding her as his tattoos glowed, and then it was pitch-black as they were dragged under the water by a powerful wave crashing on top of them.

Here is the story of how Aang and I saved the world and ended the one hundred year war.