Chapter One: The Boy in the... Wait What is That?!

"My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that, somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world."

Third person:

Zuko stood upon his ship as he watched a light beam burst into the sky; he turned to his uncle, who sat playing a game of pai sho with his wife, Kina. "Finally. Uncle, do you realize what this means?" Iroh sighs, "I won't get to finish my game?" Zuko shakes his head, aspirated. "It means my search. It's about to come to an end." Zuko smiles at his aunt and uncle with pride as he thinks of finally going home. "That light came from an incredibly powerful source. It has to be him!" Kina looks at her nephew and sighs softly, "Or it's just the celestial lights, Zuko." Iroh nods, "We've been down this road before, Prince Zuko. It would be best if you didn't get too excited over nothing. Please, sit."

Iroh hums as his wife makes a move against him in Pai sho. Kina smiles and turns to Zuko, "My little turtle duck, why don't you have a cup of tea? That may help settle you." Zuko's temper flares, and he yells, "I don't need any tea! I need to capture the Avatar..." Zuko looks back at the light. "Helmsman, head a course for the light!" Kina gets up from her seat and makes her way over to her nephew, "Zuko, I know you have dreamt of finding the Avatar for so long, but your uncle and I love you and want what is best for you... And right now, you need to calm down and rest."

Zuko sighed and looked at his aunt, "I'm sorry for yelling... maybe you're right. I need some rest." Zuko slowly makes his way below the ship and to his quarters. Iroh sighs as he gets up and adjusts his clothing. He hums and looks at Kina, "While our nephew rests, why don't we check on the children and relax ourselves? We are in for a very long day." Kina nods and joins her hand with his as they go below and to their quarters.

----------------------

Katara and Sokka had looked up from their spot on the small ice cap. The light had finally diminished enough, so they could see clearly, Katara stood from her spot, much to her brother's dismay. "Katara don't you dare go near that thing!" Katara made her way over to the busted iceberg, when she was over the high wall she saw two kids who looked around her age laying side by side in the glacier. A girl with matching arrow tattoos that covered her, her hair a deep black, and her skin a fair tone. She wore what looked to be a deep orange top with some loose yellow pants that were held by a brown belt. The boy was bald and in a yellow top and pants, over his shirt, he had an orange vest-looking garment. The boy was starting to wake up, he was groggily looking around. He saw Katara looking at him curiously. "Hello? Are you all right?" the girl asked him as she got closer to him. He responds in a groggy and raspy voice, "I think so..." He sat up and looked at the girl beside him and panicked a little, "Niruh!" He gently held her in his arms and tried to wake her up by patting her cheek softly. Niruh's eyes opened slightly, and she groaned and moved to cover her eyes. "Aang?" her voice was quiet and cracked slightly.

Sokka suddenly crashed into the ice as he jumped over the side of the berg and saw his sister standing near two unknown teens. He pulled Katara behind him and held his spear at the strangers. "Who are you!? Are you fire nation!?" Katara looked at her brother, "Do they look like fire nation to you?" Sokka glared at his sister, "You can never be too careful, Katara." Aang looked at them as he helped Niruh up, and he stood beside her. Niruh smiled softly at Aang as she held his hand, they looked at Sokka and Katara. Niruh then looked at Aang when she heard groans from behind her and in sync they said "Appa!" "Akiri!" They ran over the edge of the ice behind them and spot their bison curled close to one another. Akiri was smaller than Appa by about ten feet or so, Appa was forty feet long and almost twenty feet tall. Compared to him, Akiri was a little small. Niruh ran to her bison and jumped on her head and clung to her. "Oh, Akiri you're okay!" She laughed when her face got licked and Aang had the same done to him by Appa. Katara stared in amazement at the sight, while Sokka stared at them, annoyed and a little disturbed. "What are those things?" Aang looked at him "These are our flying bison, Appa and Akiri" Sokka rolled his eyes at him "Yeah and this is my flying sister Katara.