im in love and i made smth. fuck my life.

also posted on tumblr because im a dumbass:

𝐫𝐞𝐪·𝐮𝐢·𝐞𝐦 || 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

noun · an act or token of remembrance

"she wrote the requiem as a way to let go. as a way to remember how it would be if she ever told her. guess it didn't really work, though, because she just fell deeper in love"

(an aromantic love letter to my best friend)

𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐬?
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧?
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐲
𝐈 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐲?

I told you that I was aromantic. I told all of you, and you were the only one who took me seriously. And I'm starting to think that you're ace, too, like me. And you gave me that ring, the one that matched with yours. And you're the only one who understands when I'm being a nerd, and the only one that understood how I felt when our friends were simping over slightly concerning guys.

𝐎𝐡, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

They all know, I think, that I favor you over them. And every time they mention it, you just giggle. You giggle and it's the cutest thing but obviously...I can't say that. Because then what would you think of me? But I can't be upset. Because my kind of love is different. Because you'd never take it seriously, because you're probably straight, because you'd never talk to me the same way again. Because I love you too much to let you see how much you're hurting me. And it's not even your fault.

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 (𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞?)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥

They all know, I think, that I favor you over them. And every time they mention it, you just giggle. You giggle and it's the cutest thing but obviously...I can't say that. Because then what would you think of me? But I can't be upset. Because my kind of love is different. Because you'd never take it seriously, because you're probably straight, because you'd never talk to me the same way again. Because I love you too much to let you see how much you're hurting me. And it's not even your fault.

𝐁𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐀𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤
𝐎𝐡, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬? 
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞?
𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐩 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞

And I think it's easier, because unlike you-know-who I won't blush every single time you complement me. We'll go to her wedding in sweats, like we'd jokingly planned. I'll keep everything in. I think it'll be easier, because it's not romantic. Because I don't want to kiss you. I don't want to do all the things couples do in the dark. I want to hug you, I want to tell you how much I love you, I want you to know that kind of love I have for you even though it might not be the love they'd all expect.

𝐎𝐡, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Which is why I wish he didn't have to do that. Didn't have to remember you. Didn't have to make me regret not telling you.

I'm fine. I'm definitely fine. Because a guy decided he liked you, and hey, I don't like you the way he does. Because the way I like you is different, and yes, I've kept it in for all this time. But I've dealt with heartbreak before. I'll be fine.

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 (𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞?)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

God, if he turns out to be a creep, or a jerk, or possessive...I don't know what I'll do. Because I love you too much to not let you end up with him. I'll hate myself. Every moment that you might share with him, every single possibility breaks my heart a little bit more.

𝐎𝐡, 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞? 
𝐃𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞?
𝐃𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞?

Because you make me feel safe. Because you make me happy. Because I love you, so so much. So I'll listen when you talk about that guy who's mom set you two up. I'll be there to punch the idiots who make you uncomfortble. I'll hug you when you're sad, laugh when you're happy, smile when you decide that we should get into crazy shenanigans together.

𝐎𝐡, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

I'll do this because I love you. I'll move on because you're my best friend.

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 (𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞?)
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡

And who knows? Maybe I'll get over you. Maybe I'll tell you one day in the very distant future. Maybe I'll punch the guy who asked you out in the face. I don't know.

𝐎𝐡 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞

But god, do I wish that it was me instead of him.

(love you mimi. even if you dont love me the same way)