Captain

In the year 2105, monsters have invaded the planet we live in. These invaders are ferocious, bloodthirsty and smart. When all hope was lost, my captain Thymus and others were given gifts or superpowers by powerful and unknown beings. With those gifts, they managed to drive corner the invaders on the continent of Nuraya. 

It has been 5 years since then. During those five years, I was recruited as a combat medic by the military and was eventually put in my captain's group which is called the Argo. The group only consists of me, captain, Atticus and his sister Laurel. I can still recall my first day in the team.

"Why hello there little one! We finally got our team a medic! About time those white-collared know-it-all gave us one. Would've preferred if it wasn't a kid" The captain said with a slight tone of displease.

"Is the manpower running so low that they decided to put the lives of kids at risk?" The captain muttered under his breath.

"The manpower was running low so they had to get rid of their pickiness...." I quickly said in an attempt to defend the guys with black suits.

"Those guys... now they're using kids? But then again, I can see them doing that." The girl with yellow hair that reach her shoulders said in a mocking tone.

"It doesn't matter. He is our medic now." The man who has a similar hair color said in an attempt to change the topic. 

Now that I think about it, are they siblings? Is it rude to ask?

"Why so quiet? Won't you at least tell us your name?" The Captain asked with a hint of expectation

"You don't know my name? I thought they gave it to you?" 

That was weird. How come Captain didn't know of my name when I saw him received my file?

"I want to directly hear your name from you." The Captain quickly said. If you were there, it would've looked like he was expecting me to say those words.

"My name is Friday. My parents decided to name me that because I was born on Friday." 

"Ain't that a nice name? Don't ya agree Atticus?" The captain turned to Atticus.

"Captain, your professionalism aura! Now it's gone haa....." Atticus wanted to scold the captain more but ultimately decided not to as he knows that the man in question won't listen to him.

"We don't need those etiquette they kept on giving us HAHAHAHA!" The captain laughed loudly.

...

"Why are you spacing out again Friday? have you finished those papers I've given you yesterday?" Friday's line of thought was broken by the voice of an annoyed senior. 

"I've finished most of it, I just need chieftain's signature and it should be good to go."

"Still calling him chieftain huh? Don't you know he keeps on whining on the other team captains about this?"

"It doesn't matter Brother Atticus."

"Just call me Atticus, I've said this millions of times." Atticus said with an annoyed tone.

"Sure, sure"

Knock Knock

Atticus and Friday looked towards the door and saw Laurel and their captain entering thought there seems to be something wrong with their faces.

"Oh Chieftain! You're back, how was the meeting?"

Captain sat down on the sofa and said in a tired tone. "They found a way to weaken those invaders and so decided to launch an all-out attack before the invaders get too strong for our liking."