Chapter XXXVI: Two in the Morning

Ronnie laid in bed Christmas Eve night, ready to go to sleep. A book in her hand about the most dangerous muggle animals alive. Something she found amusement in. The only light coming from her nightlight shaped like a dragon with a flame lighting the room. Something her aunt Queenie got her on a trip she had gone on.

A thump sounded from downstairs along with a few voices, causing Ronnie to sit up in her bed, placing her book on the side of her. Someone let out a squeal of panic before someone else shushed them. Ronnie moved to her door, grabbing her thick robe before pulling the door open. Avery was already at his door, meeting her eyes curiously.

"Shh! James!" A voice that sounded an awful lot like Sirius echoed up the stairs. Another squeal of panic left the downstairs, sounding like James Potter. Avery rolled his eyes, moving to leave his room to go down the stairs, but Ronnie stopped him with a grin.

"I got this. Go back to bed." She urged. He stared at her before sighing, turning around and closing his door quietly. Ronnie turned back towards the stairs, moving down them quietly to catch the sight of the four marauders standing by the front door, all of them dressed in black with beanies on. Looking like a bunch of robbers from a muggle movie.