Chapter 4

|As I walked in I was greeted to the smell of old wood, but it was in a good way. Then I saw his writing desk and a beautiful piano in the middle of his cabin then his bed.

"It's not much, but please make yourself at home..."

I looked around his Cabin seeing it was small, but cozy.

"This is where I spend most of my time during the day, my writing desk."

I walked over to his desk and saw some crumbled up papers and a container of ink along with a little stack of paper in the corner.

"I've told you that i've been wanting to publish a book before, right?" He questioned.

"Yeah, last night you told me actually at the bar."

He started at me for a second thinking then he let out a soft smile and crossed his arms.

"Oh of course! Excuse my hazy memory.."

I gave him a smile back and put my hands in my pockets.

"It's okay, sometimes a couple of drinks can make your memory get all foggy."

He let out a chuckle and turned to his writing desk and held the paper he was working on.

"You're very right.. Y/n.." He said looking down at the paper.

"Thats why i live here out from the town. I figured that a lonely life by the sea would help me focus on my literary aspirations."

Then he turned to me looking down at the paper still while he rubbed his temple with his other hand.

"Everyone back at home said I was nuts.. that I could never make it as a writer."

I felt a small frown form on my lips as he said that.

"Well they don't know that, what if they're wrong?" I said to him trying to cheer him up a bit.

He looked up at me and pointed his feather pen up at me.

"Of course! We can't have such pessimism." He said in an enthusiastic tone.

Elliott put his pen down then looked at me again.

"I can see it in your eyes.. you believe in me, Y/n. You've got that spark.."

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Of course I belive in you! I know you'll make it somewhere Elliott.. even if it's just you publishing your book."

His expression changed almost as I said that to him. I could see his expression softened and a smile on his face as he closed his eyes and held the paper up a little closer to him.

"You have no clue how much that means to me.. Y/n.."

I could almost feel the same energy he was feeling. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.. then he opened his eyes and put his paper down on his desk.

"You know about plants, right..?" He questioned.

"Well.. not a lot but I have some basic knowledge."

Elliott turned to the small rose in a pot he had sitting next to all of his writing stuff.

"Would you mind taking a look at this rose here..? I don't think it's doing so well I'm afraid.."

I walked over to the rose and started to examine what could be wrong with it. The petals looks slightly wilted and so do the leafs.

"If it's okay with you, I'll take this back to the farm. And I'll bring it back once it looks better."

Elliott looked up at me and agreed.

"Whatever you need to do to keep it alive and well, farmer.."

I held the pot in my hands and looked down at it with a small smile on my face. Then I started to walk to the door.

"Here, your hands are full. Allow me." He said as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you Elliott." I said in a soft tone.

"You're most welcome." He said with a smile.