time

After the year of scares we moved the village.
Jake gathered the clan and had us move to higher ground, deep into the mountains, we found a shelter of sorts and as the clan settled we moved everything the scientists needed up here including a quick build lab. They even brought Grace along for the ride.
The boys now all hunters, even though Spider will never be able to actually perform his Iknimaya, he had a proper bow and arrow that wasnt for childs play.

For a while they accompanied me on huning trips, but Jake soon pulled his sons away so they could prepare to help him with his more elaborate plans.
The humans have become slightly smarter, but not by a long shot.

We can still stop what they're doing, if we're careful and keep on the tight schedules Jake assigns.

Today we were getting ready for such a mission.

I pulled on my visor and bow arrows and knife. Taking up my toy Ikran, Spiders mask and an unfinished arm band.
I followed Tsu'tey out of our tent and to the children.

I kissed Spider, Kiri and Tuk on their heads and handed Spider his spare mask.

"Rules?" I asked them.

"Don't be a pain." Spider smiled.

"Keep an eye on Tuk." Kiri hummed.

"Be prepared to help when you guys get back." Tuk smiled taking the toy I held out to her.

"Spider." I called handing him his second mask. "Put it up." I told him pointing to the portable lab. It was as big as three of the portable link cabins, a portable compound when the scientists had to leave the ground with us.
I gave Kiri a hug and kissed Tuk on her head before she ran off and I went with the riders.

I ran to Saza gathering mine and Tsu'tey's com units.

"Stay close to me." Tsu'tey told me as he fastened my mic.

"Don't die." I told him fixing my ear piece.

He glared at me a moment. I looked past him tracking the moving light of the sun. I nuzzled him a moment and jumped on Saza weapons free.

We took off.

"Remy. I need a favor." Jakes voice buzzed from the ear implant.

"Devildog proceed." I sighed as he looked back over the many flying Ikran ahead of me.

"I need you to play spotter with the boys." Jake responded.

"I'm not on part time mom duty. But fine. Keep track of the time, I need constant updates." I warned him.

"Copy. The moment we land there's a two minute window. We get what we can and gey out before three minutes. That's about as long as it takes for back up." Jake spoke as he gave out a loud call. I looked and saw the Pa'li riders advance.

I smiled as Tarsem took aim with he rocket launcher.
I turned on Saza calling out to Tsu'tey. He watched me giving a yip back.
I waved a hand over my head, then pointed to the boys flying behind us. I pointed to him and then to Jake.

He hissed but flew past me to be beside Jake. I slowed my flight to be beside my nephews.

"Boys. Am I coming through?" I asked as they caught up.

"Copy." Netayum responded first.

"Loud and clear." Lo'ak smiled.

"I'm circling around. Keep your eyes up. Lo'ak I say this now so listen to me. You hink about going close to those tracks when I get my hands on you, you will wish it was your mother. Got me?" I asked looking at the boy we drifted closer.