My journey of chasing my dream

It's 05/22/23 and I'm writing this so my future self can read it someday.

Hi, my name is Alena. I'm 17 years old! I'm a senior in high school and graduate in a couple days. I'm writing this story from now till I become a doctor.

When I complete my college education I plan on pursuing a career in the medical field as a doctor and specialize in the area of neurology. Growing up I have always been interested in the medical field and the idea of helping people. My interest to the medical field became stronger after taking human anatomy as one of my high school elective classes. I'm fascinated on how the human brain works and has an effect on all of the body systems. Pursuing a career in the medical field is extremely rewarding but very challenging career path. As a doctor you can help make differences in people's lives and treat illnesses and that is the main reason on why I chose this career path. Neurosurgery is a very specialized field that requires a lot of hard work and dedication and it's that challenge that drives me to want to see this goal to fruition. As a neurosurgeon, I will definitely be challenged with difficult decisions both before and during surgery but I'm confident that with the skills that I acquire, I will be able to successfully face and navigate those challenges. Finally, this long journey will be hard but it's not impossible.

If you are reading this, it's not too late. If you have a dream, go and chase it! Work hard for it. If you don't have a dream, that's okay too. Sooner or later, you'll find your passion. If you get tired along the way, learn to rest and not to quit. Do it for yourself, not for them, because this is your future. This is your life. Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's impossible. Think about that.