sharing the news...

The Big Three

Part 1

"And that my friends, is how you finish a great game!" Eddie smiles widely, having just finished their latest campaign. He's half seated on his chair's arm, observing the game board and pieces scattered about.

"I can't believe it's over." Dustin blinks, pressing his hands against his head.

"Best to believe it. Eddie, man, this was the best one yet." Gareth says, starting to clean up his area.

"Thank you, Gareth, The Great." Eddie mock bows. "It's an honor to serve you all as Dungeon Master." He smiles at the club members. "Now pack up ya shit and get ready to leave." He chuckles, closing his DM notes. The group of them laugh and do as he says.

"There he is, I thought I was gonna have to call you soon." Dustin exclaims, making it known that Steve is walking in.

"Calm down Henderson, I had other shit to do before coming here." Steve scowls at him. Dustin makes a face, then goes back to assisting in the cleanup.

"Hey." Eddie beams at him as Steve approaches the throne. Steve offers him the worse excuse for a smile, which concerns Eddie a little.

"Hey assholes, hurry up." Eddie bites back at them. They give him grief for being pushy, but he ignores them. He wraps an arm around Steve's shoulders and pulls him off to the side.

"What's going on, babe...you look really down."

"I...Eddie...we've got a bit of a situation." He says, which just about makes Eddie's guts twist into a knot.

"Is someone hurt? What's wrong? Is it Wayne?" He says seriously, tucking his arms into himself and stepping closer.

He shakes his head, "No one is hurt...before I say anything else..." He glances back at the kids, "I kind of want us to be alone."

"Oh, alright...well give me a second." He says and turns back to the group. "Hey, Wheeler, can your sister drive Dustin home? Stevie and I have to do something important."

"I wish you'd stop calling him that...but yeah." Mike sighs, shoving his bag down into his chair. Eddie goes to turn back to Steve, but Dustin has already weaseled his way between the two and is now standing in front of Steve.

"What's going on? I knew something was wrong the second you walked in."

The older boy braces a hand to his friend's shoulder, "Nothing, Dustin. Nothing is wrong that concerns you, alright buddy?" Steve sighs.

"Henderson. Go back over there." Eddie frowns, pushing him over to the table. He pulls out his van keys and hands them off to Steve. "Here, baby. Take these and go start her up. I'll meet you out there in a few." He says and grabs Steve's head to pull it in for a quick kiss. He lets his boyfriend go and urges everyone to hurry up. Nancy comes to pick up the boys and once everyone is gone, Eddie finds his van in the parking lot. The exhaust billows out of the tailpipe in a gray cloud, perfectly visible through the crip early spring weather. He can hear his music softly playing from inside. He pulls open the back door, startling Steve in the process.

"Sorry Princess, should have knocked." He winces, climbing in and shutting the door. Steve had already made himself at home. His shoes were off, there was a blanket around his shoulders and his head was tipped back against the wall of the van.

"It's alright..." He sighs, closing his eyes.

Eddie nods, putting his stuff to the side and sitting cross legged in front of Steve, "So, what's going on, buttercup?" He reaches out and rubs Steve's knee.